Sign in to follow this  
Little Creek Calls

NWTF Convention

I am leaving in the morning for Nashville and the NWTF convention. I am entering calls I made in the national call making contest in three different categories (slate, glass and aluminum). This is the first time I have been to the convention and entered calls in the national contest. Should be a lot of fun, I will get to meet and attend seminars from all the big companies like Primos, Mossy Oak, Realtree and others. I will have a report with pictures of the calls I entered when I get back.

That should be a lot of fun!!! It is on our list of things to do. We are going to Salt Lake City this week for the Western Hunting Expo and hope to have some fun.

looking forward to your updates.

Well I had a great time at the NWTF Convention. I got to meet a lot of famous hunters from TV like most of the guys from the Primos crew, Knight and Hale, Ronnie Cuz Strickland from Mossy Oak, Michael Waddell from Bone Collector and more. I was able to attend seminars put on by most of them. The one I really enjoyed most was Cuz Strickland, he is a good ol boy with no ego and didnt have to brag about what he knows or has accomplished. Primos seminar was fun, and the knight and Hale seminar was very informative. I was very disappointed with Michael Waddell. He was 20 minutes late. It was by far the busiest seminar and standing room only and he chose to talk about how hard he worked to get his job, his sons music career and politics instead of turkey hunting. The national calling contest were fun to go and see.

In the national call making contest there were 540 entries in the hunting division and I didnt win this year. It was my first time and learned a lot and am more prepared for next year. Based on the amount of play marks on calls after the judging I think 2 of my calls made it to the final round of judging. While in Nashville we got to see some great shows (Diamond Rio, Montgomery Gentry, Josh Turner and more) eat some great food and had a great time. Here is a picture of the calls I entered in the call making contest.

P2061000.jpg