Sign in to follow this  
joeeden

Hunting seasons

I'm gonna re post this in the right spot. Does anyone know for certain when the season closes in Old Mexico?

Feb. 8th 2012 for deer. Usually starts 3rd week in Nov and goes into frist week in Feb

I'm gonna re post this in the right spot. Does anyone know for certain when the season closes in Old Mexico?

Ernesto(thanks) sent me a PM and pointed out my error. It looks like it was the 5th. sorry for the mistake. Hope that helps! JS

• Like 1

It's also possible to apply for and get an extension for a particular ranch and extend the hunting season. We did it for the first time this past season for one of our ranches and we were allowed to hunt 1 week longer, extending the season to Feb. 12th, but only on the ranch that the extension was granted for. JIM>

It's also possible to apply for and get an extension for a particular ranch and extend the hunting season. We did it for the first time this past season for one of our ranches and we were allowed to hunt 1 week longer, extending the season to Feb. 12th, but only on the ranch that the extension was granted for. JIM>

Amazing! That's what I have always seen as one of the problems in Mexico. "Nothing is written in stone" including rules they make up about hauling gasoline, bringing propane tanks, generators, etc. If they had a rule you could follow, you would know what to expect when traveling. Of course our border patrol when you return is just as bad about changing the rules as they go along. Sorry for the rant. Maybe this "hunting season extension clause" is in their rule book somewhere, has anyone else tried this?

Amazing! That's what I have always seen as one of the problems in Mexico. "Nothing is written in stone" including rules they make up about hauling gasoline, bringing propane tanks, generators, etc. If they had a rule you could follow, you would know what to expect when traveling. Of course our border patrol when you return is just as bad about changing the rules as they go along. Sorry for the rant. Maybe this "hunting season extension clause" is in their rule book somewhere, has anyone else tried this?

They do have written rules in stone about taking gasoline, propane tanks, generators, alcohol etc etc etc. All you have to do is requeste a brochure of the importation / exportation laws to the Mexican Customs and get familiar with them.

I don't know the circumstances or reasons why Jim had to request and extension. But on a different occasion, I know they extended the hunting season bucause two weeks in to the season their printing machine and the machine that makes the tags (cintillos) broke down. No body had game tags for the first two weeks there fore they extended the season for two more weeks to compensate for the time lost.

Now, if some body is going to break a rule, and if it's going to be for my benefit.....why complain? :) ;)

Ernesto C

"Now, if some body is going to break a rule, and if it's going to be for my benefit.....why complain? "

I'm with you there, Ernesto! The last year or two we have had a lot of problems with hauling gas, bought in Mexico, to the camp. Seems every policeman has a different interpretation on what is legal and how much it is going to cost you to continue. My whole point was it's hard to know what's the law when it seems to change everytime we go down. Probably due to our inability to communicate, but we've had our mexican helpers get hassled too.