Sign in to follow this  
Coach

First Jr. Javi Hunt Coming up

Today, I took my youngest son, Josh, out for some target practice and final preparations for his first ever big game hunt in AZ. When applying, I really wasn't sure what hunt to put him in for. His 10th birthday fell on Jan 28th - right in the middle of the first weekend of the youth hunt. Not being sure when or how we'd get his hunter's education requirement filled, I put him in for the general hunt so we'd have a month to get his field day in.

Well, now he's official. He watched his brothers and some family friends tag out a couple weeks ago, and now it's finally his turn. He shot very well at practice, and he and I know his "comfort zone".

I'm pretty confident on where we'll find the pigs, but he's going to need a good, clear shot with time to set up. The pressure is now on dad to put him in position this weekend to do what he has watched his brothers do.

I hope to follow this post up with some good pix of Josh's first hunt.

Have fun with him Coach. Chasing them stinky pigs with the boys is a blast.

I may be heading up your way in a couple months to do a shed hunting weekned with my boys. I'll shoot you a PM and maybe you guys can drop by the camp, I think are kids are about the same age.

Have fun with him Coach. Chasing them stinky pigs with the boys is a blast.

I may be heading up your way in a couple months to do a shed hunting weekned with my boys. I'll shoot you a PM and maybe you guys can drop by the camp, I think are kids are about the same age.

I would love that. My boys are now 14 (almost 15) 13 and 10. Please do shoot me a PM when you're going to be up here.

My goal is to make it really fun, whether we get something or not. I want Josh to do some glassing, see some pigs through the binocs and go on a stalk or two. Beyond that, well, we'll just have to see if I can put him in the right place at the right time.

Thanks for your reply.