Sign in to follow this  
DesertBull

2006 Fall bear hunts

They want to move alot of the bear hunts back to October and out the traditional "bears in the pears" time frame. More opportunity I guess.

:D

A lot may have to do with a standardization to uniform season dates. But units 1&2 would now get 2 seasons, as would 22S and 23S, 27.

The archery bear is proposed to open with archery deer on Sept 1. No more early August hunt in 3B,4B, 6B, when there might be berries.

Looks like some good and bad.

RR

It really is lame. They are closing down some of the best bear in the pear hunts in the state. I really wish they wold just stop jacking with things and leave them the same. I also want to know who the bad@ss cowboy is that is going to find a freaking bear in the Superstitions and kill him on August 11th. It will be like a bajillion degrees then, good luck getting even the hide out on that one. I have lost all faith in Game and Fish and their decision making for the states sportsmen and women, this really is going to ruin one of my favorite fall/late summer activities.

Bret M.

I think a bunch of greenies have taken over and are determined to kill as few animals as possible.

Desertbull I think you hit the nail on the head!!!!! I hunt 6b for bear every year and it is one of the few units that will still have and Aug. hunt but it will now be in early Aug. and I can only imagine how many guys are going to out there..... They listened to us on not changing the elk hunts but I think these bear and whitetail hunt structure changes are here to stay!!!!

Geoff

Once something is taken away by the G&F it is never given back. When they ended the multi - unit whitetail hunts in the southern units they told us that we would never see that opportunity again, regardless of rainfall / population.