Sign in to follow this  
ASB

In favor of 2072

They are starting to let their voices be heard. Saw on another site a letter by Geoff Moss of Littlehorn Outfitters. He strongly supports HB 2072. A guide for Mossback Guides & Outfitters sent one in too supporting it(Chad Rhoton). Both guys have guided Alan H in AZ for sheep & elk in the last couple years. Now that some are coming out, how about an answer from the ADA?? Does the ADA support, or oppose, bill 2072?

I added another one--he is another friend of the group. Will post more as i get them.

I can see how guides would be in support of 2072. Auction tags bring in people with big money and people with big money are more likely to hire a guide and are also more likely to tip well. If your a guide it makes good business since to support 2072 but just because it's good for a guide business doesn't make it good for hunting.

Seems like so far the only ones sending approvals of HB2072 are those affiliated with the Hamberlins. I think this is all good really, you get to see people in the sporting and hunting industry for who they are and what they stand for. Kind of like the old adage, "You're either fer me or agin me"

Everyone that is opposed to this bill needs to continue to call and write their legislators and try to send info to other legislators to educate them on the fact that sportsmen don't like the bill. It is obvious that there is push for this bill to gain traction and we must be active in communicating with the legislators. DON'T STOP NOW.

They're just being good little toadies and lackies, doing what the boss tells em to do. The rich guys are the ol' sow and these guys are fightin' for the hind tit. Lark.

Lark you got it right.

Folks we need to send emails to everyone we know on our email lists. About the back door deals that have gone on and continue to go on about the commercialization of our wildlife. The next thing on their agenda is passing abill the would allow the rancher with checkerboard leased land to charge a fee to hunt on any of that property. Im telling you I can smell it, Think real estate laws, and lobbyists and anyone you might know that fits those descriptions that support this bill.

Now before I get bashed, im all for the Rancher. Done cowboyin myself and love it as i think its an honest living and you just cant get any closer to the natural things as that. However The big places owned by the mega rich would stand to gain financially from that.

Im just peerin into the crystal ball. Lets get all the sportsmen and women together by emails, phone calls whatever.

Don Peay, the godfather of Sfw is on record as saying that wildlife should be privately owned not public property.

I have two off the wall questions.

A. Has anyone seen the underlying data (assumptions) associated with the 25 million dollar study the AZSFW purchased? Studies like this are totally meaningless unless the people that wrote them are willing to disclose the underlying data and the assumptions.

B. Are guiding and scouting services exempted from reporting in campaign finance reporting rules? I read the 60+ pages of documentation and I didnt get the feeling they would be. Especially if there was a previous client relationship established. I also discovered a few more things but for now I will focus my energy on making contact with our legislators. Maybe that is an AG or SOS question.

I think Mark said it best, snooze you lose. If you havent sent a letter to our legislators you need to get on it. This battle is far from over.

Ryan