Sign in to follow this  
Andy

Northern Turkeys

My dad, grandpa, and step grandpa got back from hunting near Angle Fire. They each killed 2 turkeys. 5 gobblers and a jake. They said most of them had hens and they didn't do well in calling them in, but they would locate them and then ambush them. I will try and post a pic of my dad.

post-1104-1145993705.jpg

It was private land, My step grandpa used to live in Angel fire and he has connections with some big ranch near the ski area. They make their money on Bull elk hunts and ranching, and my step grandpa has permission to hunt for turkey, grouse, and we usually get some cow elk tags.

Hey Andy cool pic, too bad you weren't able to make it with them, I think I'm due for an introduction and added to the hunting buddy list. :blink: :lol:

Get this, I found out that they went hunting from the email my dad sent me with the picture. After talking with you about hunting turkeys in NM I went home to check my calender to see if I could squeeze a weekend in and if I would have known my dad was going I would have tried to make it work out. Houston, next year we will go. My wife will probably be on a rotation, so we will make it happen.