AZP&Y

2006 Archery Sights- Which one is your favorite?

Doug,

Why do you need a new sight every year? Wasn't last years sight good enough? Are your groups some how going to shrink with this new sight. Missing that P+Y was not your sights fault. Oh Sorry, I am doing your wife's job.

Bob

I am a big fan of a single pin sight, that is what i us for tournements, i have a new sight, its called a HOGGERNAUT made by Spot Hogg. I know that some people do not understand why i would us it. But i have been using that type of a sight for about 8 years now. I guess if its not broke ,dont fix it. www.spot-hogg.com, check it out its a pretty nice sight.

Hey Bobby O- Just been using the same site for 5 years... and it was time to get a new one with all of the modern technology, not trying to shoot straighter just more or less trying to get some quality site on the bow because it will stay for some years to come. (i hope)_

I'll let you know how the site works out !

Doug AzP&Y

post-898-1148042163.jpg

Here is a great fix for the no light deal. This is not my bow but I have the same setup but on the Hogg-it so I did not have to loop it around.

http://www.fiberopticproducts.com/Flourescent.htm

Here is the web sight were you can get the fiber optics. They sell it in 3' pieces for $1.95 ea. The clear tube is like $2 for 4' at Home Depot. And man are they bright!!

post-1013-1149047671.jpg

post-1013-1149048188.jpg

Hey BowNut,

How about a picture of yours?

How do you finish the end of fiber optic material that you see at the end of your pin? Looks like they are melted some how into a little ball. If so, how do you keep that little ball uniform, clean, not too big etc.?

Howdy Dave

I will try to remember to get some batteries for my camera tomorrow. I posted the other pics because my camera was not working.

For the ends of the fiber you can heat up a small piece of metal an allen wrench works great. You do not need to touch the fiber just get it close to it. You may need to try it a few times to get them the same size. But before you do this try them just cut off with a sharp razor blade. I like mine just cut and not melted. They will be bright! and look larger then they are.

Hope this helps anymore questions just let me know.

Here are some pictures of my sight

post-1013-1149703468.jpg

post-1013-1149703668.jpg

post-1013-1149703916.jpg

Thanks BowNut,

If you do not make a ball on the end of the fiber optic and just cut it square with a razor, how do you keep it positioned in the end of the pin? Do you super glue it?

Thanks,

Dave

Mine have stayed in fine so far but a little bit of glue will not hurt. Do not use super glue it will melt the fiber.

Use a slow drying glue fleth tite works.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.p...ht=fiber+optics

Here is a link to the web site I got all the info from. If the link does not work goto archerytalk.com under gen. discussion and do a

search for fiber optics.

post-1013-1149719901.jpg

Thanks BowNut,

What is that stuff you have wraped around your handle? Can't tell by the picture but your bow looks like a trykon xl. I have a custom bow I wanted to put the new Hoyt wood grip on but it is too late in the process. Some of the previous machining just wouldn't mach up, however, that wrap stuff you got looks interesting.

Dave

Yes it is a Trycon XL.I did not like the fat wood grip on the "06" Hoyt's so I took it off and added some thin foam pad from the craft section at Wall Mart and some athletic tape that you would use on a baseball bat also at Wall Mart. It works great and your hands do not slip when they are sweaty or wet. This is the same setup I use to hunt with but a shorter stabilizer and a drop away rest.

post-1013-1149744064.jpg

Thanks BowNut,

Can you buy that tape in black or did you have to die or paint it? It almost looks like ankle wrap stretch stuff.

Who would have thought you would have to be a carpenter, machinest, engineer, mechanic, and a paramedic just to shoot the bow <_< This has got to be better than golf.

It comes in black. I used white ankle wrap its almost the same but the white ends up brown really quick and leaves a lot of sticky crap when you take it off.