"Wish for the best....prepare for the worst" or so the saying goes. What does this mean for us as hunters and members of wildlife organizations? The obvious is that we have less tags to drawn from and drawn success will be done! Do you think other states will do the same? Will you keep your membership with the organizations that supported this bill? Will you help on wildlife projects that are sponsored by these organizations? Money and man power is the ADA, and the like, are looking for.....not your opinion. I am wrestling with this right now. It seems that new groups will be formed in response to the misalignment the core values of the organization that members and the board perceive! As members, how do you feel your organization has treated your vote/opinion/stance? Personally, I will be signing up for a AES project instead of the others i was going to do!

"The obvious is that we have less tags to drawn from and drawn success will be done!"

What we will have lost is much greater than just a few tags out of a pool of thousands. Its passage will herald the beginning of micro-management of our wildlife by the Legislature.

It will not go unnoticed by our much better financed and organized enemies. We can expect them to hire their own lobbyists, create expensive advertising and PR campaigns, and make substantial donations to election campaigns to get what they want.

Bill Quimby

With the exception of AZSFW, and it's private agenda, I understand that all of the other Wildlife orgs here in Arizona need money for continuing conservation efforts. In our troubled economy, I imagine those dollars are pretty hard to come by. Pimping our wildlife with auction and raffle tags is a very sore subject with me. I will not support anybody who stands behind HB2072 or the like. We all see it for what it is. It is a cancer that is sweeping the west, and that cancer started with people like Don Peay and SFW.

A simple solution would be conservation stamps. Everyone that buys a hunting or fishing license would have to buy one at whatever price that would be set. Say $5.00. That money could go towards general conservation efforts. Maybe split between all the legit Wildlife Orgs.

Take this idea one step further and every hunter that draws a tag would also have to buy a habitat stamp for the species to be hunted.

Example: $5.00 for turkey/javelina $10.00 for Deer $20.00 for Elk, etc.

You now have a fair amount of conservation money to go around. No lost tags. No B.S Legislation and tag pimps. Sounds pretty simple to me!

Ask yourself this million dollar question. Would you all rather pay more money in habitat stamps or conservation stamps, or would you rather lose tags, and create legislation that could be extremely detrimental in the future?

All of the good things that Wildlife groups may do, does not erase one giant wrong. I don't need groups like AZSFW, who are using fear mongering tactics,and backdoor politics, trying to tell me what is best for our wildlife. That is the job of AZGFD.

I've already concluded that it will eventually become law. One day, when no one is looking, one of their paid for legislators will sneak it in and that will be that.

• Like 1

What keeps PETA from organizing an attempt like this? This just opens the door for a whole lot of trouble.