Sign in to follow this  
jefftrucker12

peaks hunt unit 7

My family has been hunting 7e for the past ten years with either my pop and i or my cousin and uncle getting drawn with the exception of 1 year, taking 7 bulls. This last late rifle hunt was by far the worst season i experienced there. Saw very few elk, dead or alive. There was an early snow that knocked a bunch down low. Hiked halos around the hawkdurfers, hiked in knee deep snow to some high and hidden meadws above bismark lake, the other hills further north with the radio tower was the only place we saw a bull that was day 1 and that hill emptied out that night. love the unit, had em figured out and then it was obvious things have changed there

Bwhntr - Let us know how it goes. I will be interested to hear how the arrangement works out and if they harvest as many elk as the FS wants them to. You guys should have a blast with that many folks in camp. Good luck.

Bellota - Do you guys have any tags this year?

Bwhntr - Let us know how it goes. I will be interested to hear how the arrangement works out and if they harvest as many elk as the FS wants them to. You guys should have a blast with that many folks in camp. Good luck.

Bellota - Do you guys have any tags this year?

I will let you know how it goes... I usually archery hunt, so I am looking for my first rifle kill.

We will have my friends 12yo old daughter and my cousin who will be on his first elk hunt. I am hoping we can get them into some good rutting activity.

Either way we will be in some beautiful country with good people...

We drew two early(first hunt) bull tags. Cow hunters on the first hunt please let me know if you see any giant bulls up there. I will let you know where i see B&C cows :D

We got 4 of the latest peaks cow hunts ahah! was our 5th choice. too bad we didnt get a bull tag.

Here are my bull and my moms bull from the 2011 late 7e bull hunt. If you know what your doing in 7e you can get a decent bull. I dont care what hunt or what time it is, there are bulls in there but you have to work really hard for them.

post-1391-0-17591300-1336689414_thumb.jpg

post-1391-0-61944600-1336689437_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

We drew two early(first hunt) bull tags. Cow hunters on the first hunt please let me know if you see any giant bulls up there. I will let you know where i see B&C cows :D

how many bonus points did you have ?