I was running my dogs in 6B today when I came out into a field there was a coyote and a young buck pronghorn having a standoff. Didn't get to see very much of it because my dogs chased of the yote but it suprised me that a single coyote would take on an adult pronghorn.

Did the pronghorn look pregnent? Coyotes love newborns and can smell a pregnent female that about ready to give birth.

That would have to be some kind of special Antelope being how he said it was a buck :blink: :unsure:

LOL...

We are all Glad to hear that part of nature is still intact. :P

That would have to be some kind of special Antelope being how he said it was a buck :blink: :unsure:

I guess I still have alot to learn...I thought both male and female antelope had horns and that a young buck could be mistakin for a female.

25-06 I am not sure when pronghorn lose their sheaths, but this one had horns just a little above it ears.

Guest Ernesto C

males or bucks,have a "black patch" on the neck or right at the base of the neck below the eyes......females dont...........why I'm typing this? :unsure: Now the coyote........it was a male of female? :blink: