Sign in to follow this  
SpeedGoat

Board of Supervisors

I heard today that "Crazy Suzanne" is targeting the county board of supervisors in each county to boast what a boon to the economy it would be to their counties. It may be a good idea to contact those boardmembers in your area ASAP.

You know what, I've been trying to stay quiet and just make my phone calls and send letters but I have about had it with these lobbyists.

The fact that they are still trying so desperately to push this "idea" thru amid such opposition proves one thing to me... Nothing motivates like money.

If this were truly about wildlife conservation and they had this much opposition, a rational mind would reconsider the effects of this turmoil on our culture. But that isn't the concern. It is very evident that at this point they are in a fight for their very existence. If this "idea" should ultimately fail, it will leave 2 or 3 orgs in basic ruin.

Maybe at this point the money generated is a bonus, maybe survival is the true motivator. As for the fence riding orgs... Arrogance. I truly believe that any orgs that are riding the fence at this point are in a state of arrogance fed dilusion. They think that the sportsmen of this state will simply "forgive and forget" the fact that they held out to see what they could gain. There is a point where principle trumps benefit.

I have almost resolved myself to the fact that hunting has truly lost its soul. I hope there are enough of us "soul hunters" out there to re-kindle the fire of the hunt. To remind everyone that we do this for the same reasons that a mountain lion stalks its prey. Its in its dna, its the inner urge to pursue a quarry. We have been sold this idea that its about what ends up on our wall. There's nothing wrong with evidence of a successful hunt, but the horns are there to remind us of the hunt, to go back and remember that feeling of being a predator. A true hunter will, in the end, relish the hunt most of all.

You cannot buy or sell that feeling. Generating money for an expo only serves those who sell goods at that expo. I cannot go to an expo and buy the soul of a predator, its in my dna. You can't buy a crisp september morning, you cannot buy a skylined buck, you cannot purchase a predators soul.

You know what, I've been trying to stay quiet and just make my phone calls and send letters but I have about had it with these lobbyists.

The fact that they are still trying so desperately to push this "idea" thru amid such opposition proves one thing to me... Nothing motivates like money.

If this were truly about wildlife conservation and they had this much opposition, a rational mind would reconsider the effects of this turmoil on our culture. But that isn't the concern. It is very evident that at this point they are in a fight for their very existence. If this "idea" should ultimately fail, it will leave 2 or 3 orgs in basic ruin.

Maybe at this point the money generated is a bonus, maybe survival is the true motivator. As for the fence riding orgs... Arrogance. I truly believe that any orgs that are riding the fence at this point are in a state of arrogance fed dilusion. They think that the sportsmen of this state will simply "forgive and forget" the fact that they held out to see what they could gain. There is a point where principle trumps benefit.

I have almost resolved myself to the fact that hunting has truly lost its soul. I hope there are enough of us "soul hunters" out there to re-kindle the fire of the hunt. To remind everyone that we do this for the same reasons that a mountain lion stalks its prey. Its in its dna, its the inner urge to pursue a quarry. We have been sold this idea that its about what ends up on our wall. There's nothing wrong with evidence of a successful hunt, but the horns are there to remind us of the hunt, to go back and remember that feeling of being a predator. A true hunter will, in the end, relish the hunt most of all.

You cannot buy or sell that feeling. Generating money for an expo only serves those who sell goods at that expo. I cannot go to an expo and buy the soul of a predator, its in my dna. You can't buy a crisp september morning, you cannot buy a skylined buck, you cannot purchase a predators soul.

^^^^^

Best. Post. Ever.

A couple folks I know went to the capital yesterday... sounds like they had a heck of day and they asked me to remind everyone to stay diligent - to make their calls, send their letters and keep getting the word out. While there they ran into Gilstrap actively working the senate hallways - The SENATE hallway. They also spoke with a County Supervisor who is getting pressure by Gilstrap to support the HB2072 Concept. It seems this person had the same concerns we have - but it's important we work to make sure officials like him aren't led astray by Gilstrap.... County Supervisors interact with legislators on a regular basis so makes sense she is trying to connect folks to support her cause.

Gilstrap is trying to leverage support from any political entity that she can. Please add your County Supervisors to your outreach activities. They also met with a Representative who opposes the Bill. This Rep said that they had received quite a few calls on both sides of the issue. This is another reminder to keep at it - we need to keep having our voices and concerns heard.

Thanks for the very kind words guys.

I personally believe they are breathing thru a straw right now. They are trying to appear as if they have this wrapped up. You don't hire more lobbyists if you are achieving your goals. You don't go to the counties for support if you're winning.

They are on the ropes and fighting for survival. If this idea fails, AZSFW is done. AZSFWC is done. Any org that is sitting the fence is in dire straights and will lose support. This idea must survive and become law for them, if they don't have members, at least they'll have money. For what, expos? Let's all reme$ber what an expo is... A big tent sale like what car dealers do... Nothing more. Some sell guns, some sell clothes and some sell memberships but they are all SELLING something! Its alllllll about the money they can make off of our culture.

Let me add, those who are there to sell are doing nothing wrong, they are trying to make a living and if they found a way to do it thru hunting, I commend them.

AZSFW is trying to "incorporate" a culture and sell it... Nothing more.

I heard today that "Crazy Suzanne" is targeting the county board of supervisors in each county to boast what a boon to the economy it would be to their counties. It may be a good idea to contact those boardmembers in your area ASAP.

She's pushing so hard because she stands to get a big raise from SFW it passes.

She's pushing so hard because she stands to get a big raise from SFW it passes.

heck, she is paid a nice sum to get this to pass!

Donnie awesome post! I just wrote a post on mm replying to fon martins post about the Mohave sportsman club and basically said the same thing .

I am a predator, I am a hunter I am both for so many reasons and I will never compete for that human right with someone that can buy their way to hunt.

I am tired of them and our reps need to hear a strong voice opposing this . When can we get a large group to go to the capitol ?

Does AZSFW, and their toadie Gilstrap, have any type of data to support what a great boost this bill would be to our economy. I would like to see it!

If I was wealthy, I would spend alot of money just to defeat AZSFW at their own game.

I couldn't agree more. There will come a time when only the wealthy will be able to hunt. That has already happened in Africa.

This country as a whole "Has lost it's soul". With Barrack Obama at the helm, it will get much worse. This country is driven by such greeed, and deception, that it has found it's way into the rank and file of the American Sportsman. SFW and AZSFW, are sinking their claws into money hunting, and I can foresee bad things coming down the road in the future. The big problem is they got the money and the backers to pull the crap that they do. 99% of the time, the guy with the most money wins, even if they are wrong for what they are trying to do.

Its all fuzzy math honestly and nothing more than estimates.

The whole premise is based on sales not conservation. Like I said above, what is the main purpose of an expo? To sell booths and make money. The Utah group has never accounted for where all the money generated from their expo went, why will this be any different?

We have all been sold on big horns making the better hunter. So... Guys spend gobs of money on gizmos and gadgets and ozone machines and camo and, and and.... For what? To kill the biggest animal. Well, this just falls right in line with that sales pitch. I cannot fathom why anyone would spend $220,000 for a flippin deer tag. Yeah the money goes to a good cause.. Blah blah blah... Its still 220k! How many pigmy's would that feed? All jokes aside... Where has the soul of the hunt gone? What happened to being thrilled with a 4 point buck. Now its "well, its a 220" buck buts its only a mainframe 170" buck". What? What have we allowed ourselves to be turned into? That is not what hunting should be about.

Guess the score on this buck!!!

To heck with the score, tell me about the hunt and how good he tasted!

My sons buck from last year is so good tasting honestly one of the best fed bucks I had the pleasure of sinking my teeth into in years. Great hunt with my son