Sign in to follow this  
BRKNAROW

Getting drawn for Antelope

I have 13 points and my old man has 14. Do you think we should put in together or seperate? Also what unit has the best odds of getting drawn, my old man can get around much and he needs mto get drawn soon.

If you put in together both of your points will average out, thats not a problem.

If getting drawn important then apply seperatly only because there could be a chance that your app will finally get pulled and there only might be one tag left for that unit.

I would apply together for the memories of a hunt with my old man and he might need help by the time we actually get drawn.

13 and 14 dang! I actually had illusions getting a tag with my 6 points! Ha

Last year I went to the Antelope clinic here in Tucson and there was a guy who had, if I remember correctly, 3 or 4 tags in 7 years. 2 of those were archery.

:lol:

i was told awhile back that pronghorn has the worst odds of all big game in Az. even less than bighorn. once the odds get below 1%, they list them all as the same. bighorn has better odds because of the high price of the permit. anyway, it took me 26 years to get my one and only Az. pronghorn permit. that was 12 years ago. i know guys that have had a half dozen rifle permits in the same time. i'm just unlucky. at least in the goat tag deal. i'm still real good lookin' and smart. with hunters safety and the habitual hunter point, i oughta have 13 or 14 points i think. i'd say rather than apply for the unit that has the best odds of drawing, i'd apply for the unit that had the best bucks in it. seeing as how you may only get one permit in your whole life, make it a good one. my poor ol' dad has never had an Az. pronghorn permit. nieither has my uncle. my aunt got one last year, after over 30 years off applying. but somebody has to get drawn. do a little home work and roll the dice. Lark.