Sign in to follow this  
PSEps

Draw Question

I have a question for you guys. I thought when they run the the draw and your app comes up, they look at your first choice and if that is full then they go to your second and so on... If that is correct then it is possible to draw a tag like 3B as your 3rd choice if your app gets picked soon enough right? I am just curious as to how the draw actually works...

Derek

well it is a little more complicated than that. they look at everyone's 1st and 2nd choices first. then they go to your 3rd - 5th. before the first pass though they do the 20% to the max point holders and it is possible to draw your 2nd choice from that pass and not get into the 80% draw for your 1st choice. you are probably saying, "What?" and yea that is right. that was the easiest way I could explain it. maybe we can get the professor on here to explain it a little easier.

So with five points, if I put in for 12aw late first, and 12a archery second, I might not get considered for my first choice?( hypothetical of course)

That makes sense. Im new to the AZ draw so I was a little confused as to how it worked, but that clears it up for me. Thanks!

Derek

So with five points, if I put in for 12aw late first, and 12a archery second, I might not get considered for my first choice?

That is correct.

The only way you could possibly get a 3rd - 5th choice is if there were fewer 1st and 2nd choice applicants than there were permits for that hunt.