Sign in to follow this  
regge090

How much does the azgfd make off hunting applications?

I could be way off, but last week I was playing with numbers for fun (I'm a math teacher) and this is what i came up with for elk only. I assumed that 10% of applicants were Non-res. This by no means is the statistics, but i was bored and just wanted to play with numbers. Obviously some purchased a license in January for deer, but i just counted it in this. Plus maybe they didn't fill the 10% Non Res cap, but i assumed they did in this scenario.

Number Cost Total

120,000 Resident Licenses x $32.25 = $3,870,000

120,000 Application Fees x $7.50 = $900,000

13,000 Non-Resident Licenses x $151.25 = $1,966,250

13,000 Non-res application fees x $7.50 = $97,500

21,045 Resident Draw tags (90%) x $114 = $2,400,000

2338 Non-res draw tags (10%) x $595 = $1,390,000

Total Collected $10,623,750

I'm a Janitor at MIT and sometimes theres abandoned math problems on the board, and i solve them. Hahahaha sorry guys i couldn't help it. :lol:

2.8 million... I am sure they have spent more than that on the black footed feret re-introduction... Not to mention the leopard frog studies, humpback chub protections, Mexican wolf reintroductions, 3 toed salamander studies, and many more frivolous programs!

Also, don't forget the Camel Toad studies... Would be interesting to actually see where this money goes, but agree it is really not much when you look at how much land, wildlife and staff they have to support