Sign in to follow this  
tjhunt2

San Juan River, New Mexico 2012

Fantastic trip report TJ! Thanks for sharing. Looks like a great time was had by all.

Nick

TJ,

I am going to have to sensor this thread from my 14 year olds viewing, if he sees what you guys did up there fly fishing he is for sure going to be asking if we can go do that too.........that looks like a great trip.

He saved up money, bought his own fly pole, fly reel and buys flies every time we go anywhere they can be found.

We will be out fishing for bass and he insists on me letting him practice his fly casting......the little 14' boat rocking back and forth as he whips line past my ear.......

Someday maybe we can get together so he can actually learn what the heck is going on with that fly fishing..............thanks for sharing your pictures and story.......

Sounds like your son has a real interest in flyfishing. Now's the time to get him some instructions before he developes any bad habits like I have. I would love to show him what I know but to be quite honest I only flyfish a couple times a year and would only pass on my bad habits I can't quite get rid of. My good friend Ted Bounds, aka Jackshoe, is 10 times the flyfishing guy I will ever become. Ted does give fly casting lessons.

There's nothing like catching a fish on a fly rod. Make sure you post his first fish, on a fly rod, here for all of us see. :)

TJ

How did I miss this post!

:blink:

Happy to hear you had a great trip TJ!

The pictures were awesome and I knew Peg would have a throw down of her own with the fresh fish.

Looks like you got this work 12 hours then go fishing figured out just right!

;)