Sign in to follow this  
COOSEFAN

Bowfishing Rigs

I'm going to finally try and build a platform for our boat and really don't know the best way to do it. Which materials, height, anchoring to deck, etc.

I know we have some serious bowfishers here and would love to see pics of your setups or get any advice from you on building a deck.

What's your thoughts on the best generator to use for night fishing lights?

What's the best lights?

Any other thoughts or advice?

I'm stuck with using a 20ft Triton bass boat so I don't have much room for a deck to begin with. Plus, I don't want to hard mount it to the boat so it will need to be removable. There's already several cleats positioned well for anchoring the platform so hopefully that works but not sure if it's enough?

Thanks, JIM>

Out west here the best seems to be 36 to 40 inches off the water my deck is 36in off my fishing platform. And my boat is a 19ft bass cat pantera 2. I used I think 12ga 1in square tubing for the legs and 16ga everywhere else and expanded metal for the deck with restaurant grade mats a lot more comfortable. The deck we stand on is 6ft wide and 30in deep with a back leaning rail that folds down. My deck has a trap door that lifts up so you can walk through and to get the troller up and down and I also put a recessed foot pedal for my troller. I will post pics later cuz the mobil app won't let me do them from my phone.

Out west here the best seems to be 36 to 40 inches off the water my deck is 36in off my fishing platform. And my boat is a 19ft bass cat pantera 2. I used I think 12ga 1in square tubing for the legs and 16ga everywhere else and expanded metal for the deck with restaurant grade mats a lot more comfortable. The deck we stand on is 6ft wide and 30in deep with a back leaning rail that folds down. My deck has a trap door that lifts up so you can walk through and to get the troller up and down and I also put a recessed foot pedal for my troller. I will post pics later cuz the mobil app won't let me do them from my phone.

Awesome! Just hearing what materials you used helps a ton! Thanks, JIM>

High preassure sodium lights are probably the best but their pretty pricey, we use halogens and they work we'll! We have 2 500wt and 8 250wt

Built mine out of 16g one inch square stock. We have a deep V big bass tracker so mine is eight feet wide!!! Mine is removable, I did reinforce the cleats and added a couple I bolts to the floor for attaching the back. For the front I run a strap through the u bolt that you attach the boat to the trailer with. For the lights Hondas are the only way to power them!!, I use two of the 2000 watt ones. They are pretty quiet so you can talk to each other still. I use the halogens, went cheap there but 6 of the 500 watt-ers light up plenty! I think we can see 200 yards up the hills around the lake when we are shooting hahahah!!!

Wait till ya see BowfishAZ new rig, it's about time our team doesn't have the oldest most beat up , leaking,slow rig anymore!!! Big time upgrade!! Like goen from a cats meow

To A TIGERS roar!! Haha

I would like to see some pictures of some of the rigs you guys have put together. :)

TJ

Wait until you see the Whole Rig!!!! Better Post up some pics Butch, i think its time to release the Beast!!

Here's a picpost-3462-0-46624800-1337741299_thumb.jpgpost-3462-0-46624800-1337741299_thumb.jpg

How does that boat do hauling the toy hauler? :P

Nice looking rigs guys!