UARick

19A rifle tag!!

Just got my tag in the mail.. Can anyone please help me with any pointers or advice? I'll do the work just want to be pointed in the right direction please!!! Any advice will help. Thank you!!

19a north? if so there is ALOT of private land to deal with.some charge a trespass fee and others are foot access only. i think someone on this board killed a real nice one one on state land a couple yars ago maybe they can chime in.

Find as many big bucks as you can, after the bow hunts. Monitor them through the muzzleloader hunts, and if you're really lucky there'll be one left for you by the time your hunt comes around. Put him to bed the night before and shoot him opening morning. Tons of antelope up there, most of the private is mixed with state land so you have a good chance of getting one to step on the right ground as long as he's still alive when opening day gets there. I'm convinced they attempt kill every single 3 year old buck in there annually. The genetics are incredible and the 3 year olds will be 75-80", there are always a couple that make it through as three year olds, and will be four this year and they will be really nice. Unfortunately the muzzleloader hunters will probably pop them if the bowhunters don't get them first. You've got an awesome tag but you're gonna have to have a big list of potential bucks and hope there are still a couple left when opening day comes.

I may take you up on the extra set of eyes man. Your from Tucson right? I lived up there for about 12 yrs. now I live back in Yuma now I also Got a unit 10 late rifle elk tag so I need some hunting partners.

If you want an extra set of eyes, let me know. Id love to tag along.

Born and raised in Tucson, I now live in Casa Grande.

Ill tag along on what ever I'm invited to, as long as the soon to be wife gives the go ahead, I can get the days off from work, and I can afford it (weddings are NOT cheap).

Oh I know what you mean man, I will be married 3 yrs in sept. we had a big wedding planned then ended up in Vegas and it was a blast. Just do what makes you guys happy. Now we have a 2 yr old and an 8 month old. Now that's expensive. I appreciate your willingness to help man. I still own a house in Tucson. I had a lot of good times up there. Once I situate my plans for this hunt I will let you know man I'm always down to make new hunting friends.

Born and raised in Tucson, I now live in Casa Grande.

Ill tag along on what ever I'm invited to, as long as the soon to be wife gives the go ahead, I can get the days off from work, and I can afford it (weddings are NOT cheap).

Yes, I took an 82 last year on private land late rifle. Trespass Fee paid, in exchange I was the only hunter and glassed no kidding 200+ antelope the day before and at least 20 shooter bucks. At my age, this really was a once in a lifetime tag, so I forked over the $$.

I've drawn that unit 10 late rifle tag before too, in '08 10 and 11. Connected 2 of 3 times, the time I missed was all on me. The elk are there - get into the wayback, foot access only area, get up high well before dawn, and have your best binos.