Sign in to follow this  
Jay Scott

Swarovski 12X50 EL Binocular

I am pumped to give the new 12X50 EL binoculars from Swarovski a run through my dusty life. They should be a great addition to the lineup. I can't wait to see how they will stack up against the Swarovski 15X56's and the 10X42 EL's. I am betting they will be the perfect tweener glass! They look so clean and pretty. I am sure the little 12X50's are wondering why they got punished and sent home with me......Thanks to the guys at the

Outdoorsmans for all of their cutting edge info! Look for a report on the 12X50's once I get a chance to dirty them up a bit. I am eagerly waiting for the 10X42 EL Range that are coming mid June!

Swarovski+Optik+12X50+EL+Binoculars+Pictures+from+Jay+Scott+Outdoors+1.JPG

Swarovski+Optik+12X50+EL+Binoculars+Pictures+from+Jay+Scott+Outdoors+2.JPG

Swarovski+Optik+12X50+EL+Binoculars+Pictures+from+Jay+Scott+Outdoors+3.JPG

Swarovski+Optik+12X50+EL+Binoculars+Pictures+from+Jay+Scott+Outdoors+4.JPGThey come with some cool gadgets as well!Swarovski+Optik+12X50+EL+Binoculars+Pictures+from+Jay+Scott+Outdoors+5.JPGOn the left is 10X42 EL and on the right is 12X50 EL

Swarovski+Optik+12X50+EL+Binoculars+Pictures+from+Jay+Scott+Outdoors+6.JPG

Swarovski+Optik+12X50+EL+Binoculars+Pictures+from+Jay+Scott+Outdoors+7.JPG

Swarovski+Optik+12X50+EL+Binoculars+Pictures+from+Jay+Scott+Outdoors+8.JPGOn the left is 10X42 EL and on the right is 12X50 EL

Swarovski+Optik+12X50+EL+Binoculars+Pictures+from+Jay+Scott+Outdoors+9.JPG

838693349566457000-5143553843935363505?l=jayscottoutdoors.blogspot.com

View the full article

Obviously they will be great on a tripod, I would think the only issue there is how will they compare to 15's. I would really like to know how they are around your neck during hunting/stalking situations (too big/heavy/cumbersome???) and if they can be held steady enough to use effectively off-hand. I have looked through them once and compared to my 10x42 slc's is was like regular to high-def tv. Please let me know about the field functionality, I am sure you'll put them to the test...

Congrat's on your new glass, I am sure they won't dissapoint...A couple of questions, will that adapter on your 10s (pictured) fit your new 12s? if so where did you get it...? I've been wanting to trade up to the 12s since they came out but the 12 ELs mounting setup did not appeal to me at all... any feedback would be great...thx..max

Dub T- The 12's have been sent off to get the Outdoorsmans stud for the Outdoorsmans bino adapter. I should have them back by Wed. My initial impression was that I might be able to hand hold them even though that was never my intention. I dont have the specifics on the weight difference off hand between the 10's and 12's but they seem surprisingly compact (see photo to compare)

AZ slim- No coffee for me but I hear you on the small hand shakes. There is a definitely fine line between what you can hand hold and what you cant.

Mybarra- yes the same Outdoorsmans Bino Adapter will work on the 12's. Just an FYI, I also just got the new 10X42 EL Range that has been sent to have the Outdoorsmans post installed as well. I hear the bino adapter for it is a touch longer. I should have them back by Wed. as well. I will report my findings.

I look forward to testing them out and will give some updates shortly. Meanwhile, rumor has it the fish are biting..................

I used them quite a bit this fall and I have to say they are spectacular! Field of view and clarity is awesome.

Are they an in-between glass? would you give up your 15's for them?

moto- the answer to your question is I haven't sold my 15X's yet. But my wife would argue that I am a bit of a bino hoarder. Women have their shoes and I have my binos......

I think what you lose in 3X of magnification you gain in sharpness, light gathering and overall clarity.

The 12's are pretty sweet to say the least. I was impressed with the EL Range as well this last season.

Not sure I helped..........

Thanks Jay... Thanks man and I am a bit like you. I have the 15's, STS spotter, 10x42 EL's but just picked up the 10 EL range so my wife says the same thing as I am sure yours does..... I did not figure the 12's would take the place of the 15's but wanted to make sure. I believe them to be a good deal for those that don't want to buy both the 10's and 15s kind of like a happy medium. If I were starting out over I would really think hard about doing the 12's and a spotter as they would cover most everything without the need for several different glasses. For now I will keep hoarding!

Chris

Sign in to follow this