Sign in to follow this  
CEI

Best show on TV!

We just found an UPDATED trailer for On Your Own Adventures. We enjoy this show because within the hunting community there is a lot of pessimistic views on how the opportunity to go hunting for the average guy is dwindling. Randy Newberg makes NO EXCUSES and is the truly showing the pessimists that there is still plenty of opportunity for the average guy.

7390207506001098692-9023278702255850649?l=blog.outdoorsmansresourceguide.com

View the full article

Great post. This is the only hunting show I set to record, and then watch. I guess you could say I'm burned out on all the others. There's rarely anything unique or "real" about any of them.

I love the fact that some of the episodes of OYOA he will leave with tag soup, and many others with what others would call a "mediocre" kill. That's real life right there, the experience defines the trophy, and I'll keep watching until that changes.

• Like 1

I thought it was a really good show and I'm jealous. He certainly shows that there is plenty of opportunity to hunt public land here in the USA. I will continue to watch but with the price of gas, out of state tags, and all the little extra cost here and there made me realize I'm not one of the average guys who can afford what many think is average. The quality of his video crew's work clearly shows he is well above the average guy but I'm not knocking him for that. I liked what he is trying to share with the average hunter. I look forward to watching more of his shows. Thanks CEI for sharing. :)

TJ

I'm a fan of OYOA and Randy.

He puts boot on the ground, shows what western hunting is really like.

He is also a great spokesman for conservation, wildlife and hunting.

I agree, it's a pretty good show. I like his excitement/passion as he's doing his thing on public land. I also like that he gets old friends/acquaintances involved, which is what I think a lot of us try to do when we plan our trips.

S.

:)

PS: Another guy I like to watch is Fred Eichler. I know that he is not 'OYOA' (He uses outfitters..... and is an outfitter himself...), but I really like his crazy attitude and passion! He can be a little wacky, but so are my friends and I on occasion. Saw him stick a little muley with an arrow and he was as excited as anyone would be over any sized trophy. ;)