Sign in to follow this  
TwoGuns

Coues mount?

I live in Camp Verde and was able to get onto my new property and house today. The house was built in 1944, and the same family has lived there since it was built. In an out building I found mixed in with tons of other crap that had accumulated over the years a set of coues horns mounted on a board. Kinda strange how it was done, but if you could only see the rest of the place, it fit right. Anyway, I placed my tape measure next to the horns and took a couple pics before the battery on my camera died, so I could not get pictures with the tape open, but it is a full size 25' tape.

pretty cool find anyway, any idea what it might score?

one more picture

one more picture

post-1077-1150436788.jpg

post-1077-1150437109.jpg

TwoGuns

Thats a pretty cool looking mount actually. I bet you were pretty thrilled to find it! I know I would be.I would definitely hold on to it, but I wonder if the owner is still living?

Very cool indeed!

P.S. I love those eyeguards! Wow!

That buck would score around 115 as a guesstimate. Dont know if its a coues, but guesstimating 5 inch eye guards 14" spread, that is a great looking buck..........Allen........

Josh Epperson came over today and looked at the horns I found, and he believes they are eastern whitetail horns... :(

he is probably right, he thought the skull plate was too thick. i will try to find out from the family that used to live there what the story is behind them.

Nice Find!! ]

Are you sure you didn't buy the mount and they threw the house in with it? JK, interesting mount :blink:

-Shiras

I would bet it's an Eastern Whitey by all means . Still a great gift.