revaeb

Elk meat to share

I have a freezer full of elk and a deer that im not doing anything with. I have a bunch of ground meat, and several roasts, and quite a few steaks. I really dont know what is all there. I havent used half of it from when i got it all back from the processor. I also have an August Coues deer in there.

What im looking to do is split it with someone that would jerky it up for me. You jerky it all and keep half of it. I have made Jerky with the ground meat with one of those extruder jerky guns and it turned out really good, but my dog ate the gun, and I dont want to spend the 35 to get another one. Its just alot of work and my wife hates the way the house smells for a week after im done. I would really like to have it done in a smoker. I dont have one and dont know anyone that does.

Let me know if you would be interested.

• Like 1

dont have a smoker but you can choose any flavor / marinade you like - i think they have some smoke flavors.

this is the way i usually do mine simple easy - full cut strips of meat - always awesume

i like bourban pepper and my son really likes the lime chipolte.

oven drying is no real mess or hazzle or smell

takes about 4 hrs at 200* for an oven full

i cut meat and soak/marinade over night then clean excess marinade off before drying- this is the only messy part .

skewer each piece on a round tooth pick and hang on the rack with foil below as in picture

post-3096-0-41321100-1338412568_thumb.jpg

post-3096-0-20874700-1338413060_thumb.jpg