Sign in to follow this  

Moultrie M-100

I recently purchased some of the Moultrie M-100 trail cams. After reading reviews on a lot of trail cams it was a decision between the Moultrie M-100 and the Moultrie-80XT. It came down to how much money I wanted to spend and what I would be getting out of the camera. The Moultrie-80XT looked to be a slightly better pick, but for the package I was buying I didn't see a big enough advantage for the price.

I'm curious if any of you have tried any of these newer Moultrie trail cam's and what you have thought of them? Also other brands of cam's and how they would compare to them? I've used the cuddeback and for trigger speed they were a fantastic camera for the price, also quality pics for being a lower mp camera, but also lacked a little in flash distance.

Here's a pic of the Moultrie M-100, and one thing that's pretty impressive is how small this camera is. Also there are many features this camera has such as video capabiltiy, a flash of 60' that reaches 90', IR night abiltiy, 1.6 sec trigger speed, very quiet when taking pics, great lock box, uses AA batteries, security code available so if others steal it there is no way for them to use the camera! I just put a few of these Moultrie's out so I'll post some pics if I get some! Also check out http://www.trailcampro.com they seem to have a good variety of cams to look at and detailed reviews.

post-333-0-14225700-1340003150_thumb.jpg

post-333-0-76124500-1340003165_thumb.jpg

What is the time intervals between pictures on this camera. I have a moultrie I35 that has one minute intervals and it does not compare to the 10 second interval that Primos I35 has.

The time intervals between pictures on the Moultrie M-100 is 15 seconds, 30 sec, 1 min etc...I've timed my cams between pics and it seems to be 15 seconds or quicker between pics. Also you can set it up to take 2 or 3 multi-shots when a pic is taken. I have my cams set on 3 multi-shots, so I should get three pics everytime a pic is taken. Also the IR night time photos are supposed to be pretty good on these, so I'm hoping they come out good when I get some pics!

I have the M-80. It is pretty similar so I can comment on the brand and style. I really like it. I do mostly videos and I like how this cam takes a picture and then starts the video. That way I get a good MP image and also get to see the animals and how they behave. The battery lasts a really long time. It has a days left estimate on it (assuming like 5 photos a day) but it still lasts a long time. And that's with 30sec videos.They only thing I wish was better for videos is the sound. My Stealth Cam Unit has amazingly loud sound. I can hear deer and elk licking the salt lick or stepping around the cam so I know if they are there even if they aren't on camera.

That's good to know you've had good luck with your M80 camera! It seems most of the newer moultrie's are similar in their design and features. Currently I don't have video on, but will the next time I set them out. Most of the video's I've seen online with the M80's and M100's seemed to be good quality!