WFGinNM

Tripod adaptor for Monarch ATB

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a tripod adaptor available for mounting Monarch 10x40's to a tripod.

Thanks,

--Bill

I know Jim White sent several different adaptors to the Nikon rep and there were a couple that worked. Try to get in touch with Jim. He should be able to get you set up. CB

I picked up a Pentax adaptor for mine. I think it was about $20.

It works, but it's kind of tall so you can't keep it on there all the time and it's a screw on type so it's somewhat a pain to put on and take off all the time. It works though. Most any adaptor should work.

Jim is up at the Bow hunter happening right now. Are those porro or roof prism binos? and do they have a tapped hole in the center of them? If you give me a little more info on them I can check with Jim next week.

Amanda

Amanda,

They are the Monarch ATB, I believe that they are roof prism (straight tubes). They do have a threaded hole in the front which is under a threaded plastic Nikon emblem. Thanks for checking with Jim for me, and thanks for your help also Sundevil and Ron G.

--Bill

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a tripod adaptor available for mounting Monarch 10x40's to a tripod.

Thanks,

--Bill

Bill,

I did a bit of research and Nikon product # 820 Binoc-U-Mount is the ticket. This allows you to attach most binoculars which are not equipped with a 1/4"-20 threaded tripod socket to any tripod head with a 1/4"-20 screw.

The Nikon Monarch does have the screw out cap revealing a center post 1/4" threaded tripod socket , and if you prefer a post style adapter you can use the Minox #69727 Universal binocular tripod adapter.

I have a pair of monarchs. I dont know if anyone makes any of these anymore, or anything like them. They are caled websters, Just a piece of milled alluminum plate w/ a 1/4-20 female thread on the bottom, a little foam on top and velcro straps that hold each tube, they would work on just about anything. THey work great on my monarchs, and anything that size, i use them alot for my zeiss classics. My dad bought them a long time ago, i think they were made in tucson. He told me they they stpped making them. Maybe some of the guys one here will know what happened to them.

I have a pair of monarchs. I dont know if anyone makes any of these anymore, or anything like them. They are caled websters, Just a piece of milled alluminum plate w/ a 1/4-20 female thread on the bottom, a little foam on top and velcro straps that hold each tube, they would work on just about anything. THey work great on my monarchs, and anything that size, i use them alot for my zeiss classics. My dad bought them a long time ago, i think they were made in tucson. He told me they they stpped making them. Maybe some of the guys one here will know what happened to them.

Nikon makes something similar called the Binoc-U-Mount. It is $39.99