Jim,

Yuppers. You're right on with Marc. I built the wooden base and he did the rest. He's been doing my taxidermy work for quite a few years now. He's just finishing up a springbok for me, which is the last of nine African animals he's done. I had the warthog and zebra rug done in Africa. Now he has my stuff from NZ to do -- a nice stag, tahr, chamois and lifesize wallaby. That's why I had to recently add a 14'x28' addition to my family room. The trophy room in the above photo was already crammed full. So I convinced my wife to add the "foreign critter room." :D

I enjoyed working with the Noble family. I also did an article on their deer hunt on the Strip. Did you see it? -TONY

TONY, I have a photographic memory and have never forgotten how perfect your bear was, I knew it had to be the same one! I did see the article you wrote about their strip bucks, but I really liked our article better! :ph34r: That was the first time my ugly mug was pictured in a national publication, John was also my first actual "client" and I had put alot of hard work into that hunt, ending up with a monster bull on the ground within the first hour of opening day! That all made it very special but to have the hunt in print and knowing it was experienced by everyone that read the article, made it even better! Thanks again! JIM>

Jim,

The condition of that hide is why I like hunting bear very early in the season when the boars first leave the dens and don't have a chance to get all rubbed up. The two big ones I killed up there back in the mid 1980s also had primo hides, but they were both coal black. Killed them all the first week of the BC season.

As for articles, I always have a few slots open each fall for elk, mule and Coues deer for AZ, NM and other RM states from the previous seasons. So if you guide clients to any this coming fall, let me know. Just be sure to take some good photos -- digital preferred if you can. USE fill flash, too! -TONY

Thanks Tony, I will keep that in mind! JIM>