Sign in to follow this  
deerhunter

Credit Card Hits

PHOENIX – Arizona Game and Fish officials are asking hunters to be patient for the fall hunt drawing results because it takes time to process thousands of credit card transactions.

“The computer lottery-portion of the draw process has been completed, but until all credit card transactions are processed, the draw process is not complete and we cannot post who is getting a hunt permit tag,” explained Jim Paxon, chief information officer for Game and Fish.

That’s one of the reasons Game and Fish asked prospective hunters earlier this month to make sure their credit cards are up to date.

Here’s how it works.

Once the computer determines someone has been drawn, then the credit card information is submitted. But the process doesn’t end there.

If a credit card is denied by a card issuer, multiple attempts are made to get authorization to charge it. When the credit card transaction denial is finalized, Game and Fish personnel must then determine who was next in line to get that hunt-permit tag, and then process that person’s credit information as well. In some cases, it might take multiple iterations to finalize the process on a single tag.

“With more than 130,000 applicants this year for the fall draw, it’s just taking time to go through the process,” Paxon said. “If there were a way to speed up the process, we would be doing it.”

With any luck it is possible that the draw results posting will become available by the end of July.

“If for some reason the process takes longer, we’ll do our best to get the word out to all of you,” Paxon said."

FRUSTRATING!!! What's a person to do? :( I read notices about if you applied online to make sure your credit card info is up to date, not going to expire,etc. I checked and no problem. :) Then yesterday got new credit card in the mail with a NEW ACCOUNT NUMBER!!!! They sent me a new card with a new account number because "some credit card information from your . . . account may have been compromised at an undisclosed third-party location." I got online and checked to see what to do to change acc't number info for the draw. Last Friday was the deadline to do so!!!! :o The accompanying paperwork states my existing acc't "will be closed within approximately 7 days from the mailing date of the correspondence." but they failed to put a date anywhere on the paperwork or a postmark on the envelope!!!! I sure hope the draw happens within the 7 days of their mailing date, whatever it is. :wacko:

Don't get me wrong. I'm pleased with the actions the card company is doing to prevent fraudulent activity on my accout but the timing of it happening could be problamatic as far as the draw goes. :blink:

Called cc company and they said transactions will still go through until end of month if I didn't activate my new card. Checked back with them today and got a G&F hit on the 18th!!! :) Looks like my hubby and I will be muley hunting! Yeah!!!!

• Like 1

" When the credit card transaction denial is finalized, Game and Fish personnel must then determine who was next in line to get that hunt-permit tag, and then process that person’s credit information as well. In some cases, it might take multiple iterations to finalize the process on a single tag."

So does this mean my charge in the amount for deer might only be a back-up, and that I will only get the tag if someone ahead of me is denied? Everyone has been assuming that a charge means they got a tag, but I'm not so sure. I'm wondering if it just means you probably are getting a tag.