Sign in to follow this  
Kilimanjaro

not so lucky coues buck..

Here is a pic that I took about a month ago and then forgot to show it to all of ya'll on account of the honeymoon trip plans. Anyways, I found this buck while at work while walking up in the hills and from the looks of it, he met his end from a Mt lion in the area. There were puncture marks in his throat and there were paw marks all around him. I think I caught the cat getting ready to bury his catch by the amount of debris that was up against him.. Just thought I'd share the pic with you guys..

Too bad, I bet he would have been a really good buck come this fall.. He had some really massive bases.

BTW, I took the pic in the southern ends of unit 36B..

lionkill2.jpg

He left a little meat around the neck.

too bad you didn't know a lion hunter. they would of made short work of a kill like that as long as you didn't mess with it too much.

You should've called Josh and his dad, they'd of caught it.

Inless it was up here by Williams, then call me, although I got sh#! dogs for now.

I just posted in the Sheds section on the legalities of picking up antlers. Assuming this buck had a rack someone wanted, based on what I read, you would have to call out an Az G & F officer to confirm the cause of death is by natural cause in order to take the skull. :lol: Great pic. Release the Hounds.