huntjunkie

How close would you let it get?

That's why I carry a weapon. Not for the animals!

Think I got the video problem fixed it should work now. I've never had this much trouble posting a video.

that was awesome! totally natural & all you had to say was "hey big boy" to get it to leave. I really want to see one but I definitely don't want to be threatened by one. I carry my bear mace and a sidearm just in case though.

That is a beautful and healthy looking bear! What unit was that in?

Thats is a way cool video, im suprised to hear she was a mother bear and didn't attack??? isn't that a mother bears first instinct, to protect her cubs??

They were way behind her. I'm glad she didn't!!! We didnt know she had'em at the time. We wouldn't have let her get that close.

This is the fourth Sow with cubs that I've ran into in the last three years. All I close range. One we called in and they have all ran away without a fight.

I would have just wrestled it to teach it a lesson...it seems a bit out of my weight class but I would have gone easy on it. :D

Awesome video...thats a golden memory I am sure!

Awesome story. Just killed mine on the opener of general bear at 22 yards with bow. The feeling of bein that close is epic.

Awesome story. Just killed mine on the opener of general bear at 22 yards with bow. The feeling of bein that close is epic.

Congrats on taking your bear with a bow!! Adrenalin!!!