Sign in to follow this  
smitty

zeiss rapid z 1000

Can someone please explain how to properly sight this in. .308 180gr nosler ballsitic tip 40gr IMR4064. Where do you zero to make the reticle work? thanks in advance. Jeremy

Go to the Zeiss website. It explains everything there. My Dad looked at getting a Zeiss, but it was hard to read the lines. Most scopes like this you zero at 200.

Luke is correct but the Rapid-Z 1K should be 500yds, should be pretty obvious because the numbers are there on the reticle. If you have an iPhone go load iStrelok it is free and the Zeiss reticles are all there. You just site it in as described and the program will give you the distances of each mark based on your load info.

Good advice to go to the website and read the info straight from Zeiss.

Good luck!

The. 308 should be zeored in at 300 yards. If you sight in at 100 yards it will be dead on at 300 yards. I bought a leupold vx3 with reticles and found that they are just a estimate they won't be dead on. Best advise i could give is have someone build you custom turrets for you're scope and specific round you shoot. If you have a chronograph you can shoot 10 rounds through it and average out you're muzzle velocity and send it off to whatever scope manufacturer you use and they will make you custom turrets. I had a gunsmith do mine for $50 and then he sent off the info and in a few weeks i had custom kenton turrets. They work awesome from 100 yards all the way out to 1000 yards.