Sign in to follow this  
shurtzgarret

29 late oct early nov hunt whitetail

i was just wondering if anyone has hunted this hunt or this area recently. i know it just had a fire and what not. i have never hunted this area and was wondering if anyone could give any feed back at all as in what to expect in deer quality, numbers, areas to hunt anything????

• Like 1

Garret this is matts dad i will reply,29 is a tough hunt. lots of private land. quite a few people around here hunt there or used to come by our house we can talk a little more .

I used to hunt it back in the 90's with a friend of mine entering from the Horseshoe Canyon area and Mexican Camp. We usually climbed high to get away from the other hunters and hiked back into the canyons. They were there but I don't know what the population is like now.

We always hunted the late December hunt and bears were still active with Mulies in the rut but the WT were not. The early hunt will probably be hot but staying out all day is the key. Leave camp well before sunrise and get where you want to begin hunting before it gets light and settle in and hunt until last legal light.

Weather can be a factor getting in and out of some places.