Sign in to follow this  
sidwynder505

31,32 sheep scouting!!!

Well went out to go look for sheep yesterday!! found "Haystack!" now i got to find the needle! :wacko: ....man was it hot a steamy above the canyon!! and very green! feed every where no sign of sheep in spots game & fish had on maps but! no sign of anything moving out there on a full moon extremly hot day!what should i expect!? heck my jeep was vapor locking! had a hard time getting out of there!! but i still have a long ways to go before hunt!! it was just to look at country trip!....just cant belive how green it is out there! water everywhere! grass up to my knees!! it awsome out there! :D

Good luck......Great problem to have! With sheep points in the mid teens, I may never get to find that needle!

I hope your getting a guide for that prime tag!

......ummmmmm no! dont need a guide!! found some good sheep!! ones that will make the book!! ^_^ thanks for the advice tho,! i'll keep it in mind! :P

In that unit you can definitely kill a book ram without a guide. It just takes some leg work. Good luck. It sounds like you are putting in the work. If I remember correctly every hunter last year killed a ram over 170" including a giant with a bow. I can't wait to see the pictures only a little over a month to go.

Yeah! have i ever been doing my leg work!! thats an understatement!! LOL!....sometimes i feel like i should have hired a guide! not puttin guides down!! i just want to test my metal on this is a once in a life time tag!! an i grew up in the country!! hunted all mt life!!...i just feel it would be the best i could ever be if i can take a ram on my own!! mybe i watch to much "DO IT YOURSELF" hunting show!!...i want to do it with my bow if i can get a chance im going to try!! ^_^ ...but if not?? i wont look a gift horse in the mouth!!..if you know what i mean?? ;) time is creepin up on me!! ....like Jay Scott said!! "THE 10 DAY'S BEFORE YOUR HUNT START'S IS THE MOST IMPORTANT! :P

Good luck Steve hope you kill one quick so you guys can come on my unit 33 whitetail hunt again and help me again......