Sign in to follow this  
105Coues

Hearing enhancers

Has anyone tried the hearing aids for hunting that are on the market these days. I would sure like to hear some opinions and recommendations if anyone has one to share.

Yeah, I have a couple of them that I like to use. I can not remember what the names are, but I will go look at them and then repost with the names. I think they were like $40-50 or so, and they work great! They do not block out the sound of a gun blast, but the higher dollar ones more than likely would. The only problems I had with the ones I use is that when you wear a head net, have long hair, or get anything near them, they will make a buzzer sound. It's not loud to anything else besides you. This isn't much of a problem, just readjust it, and you should be fine. The other problem had me laughing at myself after I knew what was going on. I was doing a javilina hunt and was trying them out for later that year. On the way up the wash we ran into a giant swarm of bees moving along. Later as I was walking it sounded like I was being attacked by the swarm! :lol: I was high stepping, and swinging my arms like crazy, but it was only a fly that was close to the small mic for the hearing aid. :lol: During the Elk rut up North is neat with them on in both ears. You will be amazed at how many are really talking out there, and only the few you can actually hear. :lol:

Walkers Game Ear, I have used it for 3 years now, it really makes a diff,

R L

Are they the in the ear type or the one that wraps around the ear?