Sign in to follow this  
vegasjeep

Lets all Call Cabellas HQ

Ok really, I meet stupid people making crazy decisions all the time. But this one has me baffled. LEss then three months ago you purchase the mount of the WORLD RECORD Coues whitetail deer. You put it in your store in Buda Texas, ( OF ALL PLACES).

First the World Record was killed right here in Az, LEts keep it in Az. Its a gorgeous Buck. Why not keep it for your new store openin in Phoenix.

Second, you put it in Texas, guys kill deer bigger then the World Record Couse Whitetail EVERYDAY. They see it on the wall, do not appreciate it, wonder what it is doing, it is overshadowed by Whitetails twice the size. I mean who thought to do this? And you do not hunt Coues in Texas.

I want this mount back in Az. As do I am sue many of us Coues hunters. Many of you probably have never seen the mount. In fact unless in Cabellas cause it sat with Eds wife until the first of this year.

DO I make sense or am I out of line here?

The deer will get MUCH MORE appreciation going into their new store then anywhere else.

Seems pretty logical to me. You never know...... if we find out who the right person is and mind our p's and q's they might just listen.

Ok really, I meet stupid people making crazy decisions all the time. But this one has me baffled. LEss then three months ago you purchase the mount of the WORLD RECORD Coues whitetail deer. You put it in your store in Buda Texas, ( OF ALL PLACES).

First the World Record was killed right here in Az, LEts keep it in Az. Its a gorgeous Buck. Why not keep it for your new store openin in Phoenix.

Second, you put it in Texas, guys kill deer bigger then the World Record Couse Whitetail EVERYDAY. They see it on the wall, do not appreciate it, wonder what it is doing, it is overshadowed by Whitetails twice the size. I mean who thought to do this? And you do not hunt Coues in Texas.

I want this mount back in Az. As do I am sue many of us Coues hunters. Many of you probably have never seen the mount. In fact unless in Cabellas cause it sat with Eds wife until the first of this year.

The deer will get MUCH MORE appreciation going into their new store then anywhere else.

You need to contact Dennis Hibbie or Hollis Perkins, The are the right hand men to Dick Cabela They are at the Headquarters. They will get you guys going in the right direction. They are as high up as you can get next to Dick and Mary Cabela

I would never sell a buck like that. I might let them display it in their store for a fee though.

I would never sell a buck like that. I might let them display it in their store for a fee though.

In a heartbeat I would, You take a picture with your buck on your wall, get a special plaque made and turn it into a 27x35 picture where your buck once was or even in a better place. Millions of people will get to see your buck each year. I wuld be proud. When in the store it lists you as the owner and killer if you were. They are professional about it. They also cut you that check for $$$$ BIG $$$$ World records do not happen everyday. Your even still listed in B&C as the killer.

The thing with this buck is not everyone knows what a coues deer is and in texas where a 160" deer is common which is almost 20" bigger then the world record, no one will respect the mount.

BRING IT HOME..................

OR WE'LL GO GET IT !

I was in the cabelas for the opening today and they actually do have the REPLICA of the mount. But the real one would be very cool. If somebody starts a petition ill sure as heck sign it.

- ForkHorn

Okay guys...I am giving you this number in confidence...you have got to promise not to give it out. Here is the number to Cabelas corporate office, ask for Dennis Hibbie or Hollis Perkins. They are the VP and Buyers for Cabelas. You can also ask to be directed to the Trophy Buyer.

The number is: 308.254.5505

I have called and left messages but not talked to anyone as of yet. Anyone else cal? please do it on Monday

I'm betting the person that made the decision to put it in texas has no clue the diff, between coues vs whitetail. Your letter campaign might just bring it to light.