I got 2 digital trail cams done today. They are in the yard testing. I will try to get pics of them to Amanda so she can post them. Oh total cost on each $153.

You cant beat that price!

GMM

Do u have instructions on how to build them, because i'm thinking about trying to get some out before archery season opens up. Good luck with the ones you got up.

I have links posted in the thread called trail cameras. The guys there will help any way they can, and they also have instrucions, tips, and just about everything you need to make them. There are 100's of different combinations you can do by building your own. also the home made ones arent as bad to leave in the woods because they cost less to build.

GMM

Treestandman,

Im not selling these unill I get some more built. Will probably be a while till that happens. I am in the process of building another with a smaller camera. I should be able to fit them in a 2.5" x 4" box.

If you have about 1/2 a day of spare time, you can build one yourself easily. That is what I recommend because you know how to troubleshoot it if something happens to it. Also it costs a lot less. My first one cost only about $65 to build, and it takes great photos, better than all of my friends commercial cameras (store bought at $250 a whack!!). I looked on some websites for something that my two new digitals compares to, and most digitals cost from $350 to $750, I built two for the same price as one of the lower grade models. I built mine for $153 total cost each!!

The hardest part to doing these is getting the holes drilled in the right spot, the electronic soldering is easy. Also, there are digital cameras out there you dont even have to take apart, just plug the controller into it.

Check out the links I left in the other trail cam thread, once you see how it is done you will see its not hard at all.

GMM :P

Mountain Man,

Which digital camera did you use on your current set up and which are you going to use on this small one? If you can build it 2.5X4" you should be able to hide it just about anywhere! Thanks for the info.

I've checked out the website and to tell you the truth, it seems very complicated to me. I'm not very mechanically minded though.

Kevin, the camera I would need is a sony U 20 or U 30. Both of them are just a little bigger than 2 AA batteries. Im just waiting till the price of the camera comes down a little bit. On my current set ups I used olympus D360L cameras.

Treestandman, you could probably get someone else to build it for you if you supply them the parts. I thought it was going to be hard the first time, but it turned out easy,now Im hooked.

GMM

I got my camera set up to turn on and off with the board. The cam bats I have last about 400 pictures with flash. The C batteries you see in the picture run the board, I have heard of them lasting over a year. My card will hold 979 pics in regular quality and 293 in high quality. I havent checked shq yet, but I think hq is good enough for me. I also like being able to see photos without having to develope film.

GMM