Sign in to follow this  
newbee

kiabab

Link doesnt work for me. I was planning on going but some conflicts have arisen with Boy Scout troop on that weekend. Not sure yet what I will do.

Very cool site! This year will be our first trip and hunt on the Kaibab so this info is very helpful. The waterhole map looks interesting but darn expensive $44.99! I'll probably break down and buy it. Has anybody on the site seen this Secret Waterhole Map?

Lee

I own the map and its okay but most of the info is just taken from other maps. Also it isn't easy trying to find the places as the symbols they use are so big they cover up a good sized piece of forest. I think I bought mine from Bear Basin Archery in Flag.

I havn't tried it yet, but wouldn't the $60 topo map program show the water holes in the area? Atleast then you would have mapping software for the rest of the state too.

The mapping software does not show G&F water tanks. Only natural springs and cattle tanks. But for $40 you can get a book that shows where most all of the trick tanks are located. The maps in the book are crude though and some of the tanks can be hard to find as they do not give coordinates.

The mapping software does not show G&F water tanks. Only natural springs and cattle tanks. But for $40 you can get a book that shows where most all of the trick tanks are located. The maps in the book are crude though and some of the tanks can be hard to find as they do not give coordinates.

But the names are on the maps correct? Somewhere I have a book that lists about 99% of the tricktanks in Arizona with the coordnates. Maybe the book has the same tricktanks listed? Just a thought.