mjmhunter

Unit 9 Archery bull tags

I was going through the "Draw results are up" topic in Arizona hunting. I counted at least nine tags that went to CW.com members, family or their friends. I spoke to Jim "COOSEFAN" on the phone and I know his brother drew it but I not sure if anybody else he knows drew it. So Jim if you could help me out.

At this point there 66 tags left out there. I thinks its awesome that so many people from a small elite group like us drew one of the most coveted elk tags in the world!!!

I was up there Thursday and it has been pretty dry. Most of the dirt tanks were dry or about to be dry but, all of the trick tanks had plenty of water in them. You can tell with the rains we have been getting that its starting to come around. There is a lot of green grass but its only about three to four inches tall so far.

We saw 26 bulls with one being an absolute STUD. I will be back up there in the coming weeks and I'm looking foward to that.

If you guys want, lets start a new tally and see how many members, family and friends drew the tag.

Manny

Guest Ernesto C

Manny, I'm a member,family and friend too but.................no tag(s) for me. God bless all the blessed ones with elk tags.

Hey Manny, thats awesome you've already found some "shooters"! I've been stuck behind this dang computer workin' on videos, but we have several guys up there scoutin' and there are some bad boys still roamin' the hills for sure! The thing with unit 9 is that there are parts that are green as heck and have full dirt tanks, then other parts that seem to have gotten no rain, very spotty up there. The bulls will still be in the drier areas though, thanks to the trick tanks.

We have 2 of the 75 Bull tags in 9, and that just excites the heck out of us! We also have 1 of the unit 10 Early Rifle tags and 1 of the Archery tags in 10 as well, very unusual for my group, we usually don't draw much. JIM>

Me and my hunting/guiding partner got two of the tags. Really looking forward to Sept. I love that time of year. Starting to turn fall. The weather is great. And we have elk tags in hand.

Yeah........rub it in desertsheep! We already knew YOU took MY tag........don't want to hear it anymore. :D

We definitely need to have a CWT.com members meet-n-greet in Tusayan one night during the hunt! We'll have to do "We Cook" for pizza and beers maybe on the first Mon. night, I think it's the 25th? Mon. night shouldn't be too busy there. Their pizza is the best in the state, especially after several days of hunting! I will have a bunch of "two legged" pack animals in my camps also if any of you guys need any help during the hunt. We'll swap #'s or camp locations closer to the hunt if anyone is interested. "I'll buy the beer"! JIM>

Jim,

Did I happen to tell you I got a 9 tag this yea :D. I think it would be cool to meet some other member's. I'll send you a pm with my #.

Jim,

I forgot to ask you what bow do you think I ought to get. You know I was trying to get one of those cow tags and got that 9 tag by accident.

yeah,yeah.......drag it on why don't ya! Seriously I'm happy you guys got the tags, I'll still be there pretending I have a tag, shooting the bulls with the video camera instead of my bow. Gonna be a good hunt! JIM>

my nephew and i have tags. we will be there the entire hunt, camped on the rd to anita st . the pizza meeting sounds good and that is the best pizza in the state.

My dad and friend have the tag, they drew with 9 points. Just got back from scouting it yesterday and last night. It's the driest I've seen the unit in a long time. The majority of the tanks are either dirt dry or about a week away from it. Even with all the rain in Flag, I noticed most of it fell south of Valle. The game and fish are in there refilling trick tanks though...Although it's dry the elk look like there in ok shape. I was at the McDonalds filming the Tusuyan bulls...the 7 pt is nice. Throughout the unit I saw plenty of cow elk, couple bulls and two small flocks of turkey..........

The count is 14/75 tags...couesfan-2..arizonacoueskiller-2..desertsheep-2..111-2..mjmhunter-3..kaffer62-1..luvcoues-2.........

Actually the count is at 15 of 75, A friend of mine also has the tag. This is pretty awesome ;)

Sounds good on the pizza, lets do it!!!

Awesome...Kinda makes you wonder if we have the same tag numbers ;)

OK, what tag numbers do you tagholders have? I think we have 41 and 51 ( might be 42 and 52, I just remember they were 10 apart). JIM>