Sign in to follow this  
HUNTnTAT2

unit 8 rifle muleys?

my grandfather and uncle have muley tags for early nov. we have hunted this unit for years but never got drawn for this deer hunt. (we are primarily archery hunters) so we usually hunt 8 in august and sept for muleys, WT, turkey, bear,and if blessed w an elk tag. i was thinking of scouting the western part of the unit before the hunt. i.e.. Welch rd almost down to drake/perkinsville. ive never hunted this side of the unit and any info would help a ton before i lace my boots up n get behind some glass. for those generous enough to help out i can return the favor of exchanging info about hunting 8 or some of the units around the prescott area. 17b 18b 20a 20c. of coarse detailed info should and will be sent via P.M. thanks guys

also, my uncle has a nov/dec rifle bull elk hunt. so ill be multi-tasking. or i should say multi-glassing. still concentrating the western side of the unit. any info would be greatly appreciated and kept confidential. thanks again. shoot straight!

I've seen some monsters come out of the southern areas near the verde, I'll be across the river in 19A tomorrow

thanks! ive been thinking of that area also. im gunna head up and start my scout there n head north to the welch transition areas. good luck in 19a! ive heArd of some nice deer in there. never hunted 19a. ill try to push some arcoss the verde for u! im gunna head up to 16a tomorrow for a buddies mulie hunt. never been in that unit at all so im excited to see new area and learn the terrain and potentially some new spots. goodluck! post some pics if u get one down!

My wife and father in law has that muley tag. Went out yesterday evening in the cedars near Drake. Glassed up 5 real good bucks a long ways off. They will be hard to get to but hopefully they'll be there. It is our first time hunting that unit as well. From what I've heard there will be a lot of people in the lower areas, but mostly driving around. I guess we'll see what happens.