No one willing to help?

Try the usual things: G&F web page. I can tell you that the information will get you to the deer areas. You just have to find the deer. The superstition wilderness area is a good way to go for less pressure and good deer numbers. Most people will hike too far. Find water sources and hunt within one to two mile radius. If it is dry, closer. I have hunted it in the past, in December, and had good luck. Never in October but I would assume that the higher the elevation the better for the deer and you. We hunted at 5000 feet of elevation and saw several bucks. Nothing big but still a good hunt.

Good Luck

I wanted that tag as a third choice but was not to be. I should be a good hunt.

cacciatore:

By the way, nice name since I'm Italian too.

I also drew this tag, but I've never hunted this unit so I don't have any suggestions to date. I'll certainly provide you with some tips once they become available to me, or when I start scouting - please do the same.

KP

Hike into Castle Dome on Reavis Trailhead opening morning allow yourself 2 hours before sunup. Where the first fence line is and the dirt turns red, head straight up along the ridge on the right side to the top of the dome.

Once on top you can glass some awesome country.

There are some big bucks up top.

I have major sheds to prove it.

It's all down hill on the way out.

Dan

WE ALWAYS USED TO HUNT PIGS IN 24B AND ALWAYS SAW DEER. I HAVEN'T BEEN THERE FOR SEVERAL YEARS BUT WE WOULD GO IN AT THE PINTO VALLEY MINE AND HUNT TO THE NORTH AND WEST OF THE MINE. TRY ROADS 305, 312, AND 287A. THERE IS ALOT OF GOOD LOOKIN COUNTRY BACK IN THERE. GOOD LUCK!

Pinto valley mine can be good, but look around "top of the world" too. Often have seen nice WT deer there.

Lowlands northwest of superior are often overlooked as they are not easy to get vantage points, but do have some nice bucks too!

One good thing to do is get out your maps and find a few water sources then get out there and search for areas around the water with activity.

Good luck

cacciatore:

By the way, nice name since I'm Italian too.

I also drew this tag, but I've never hunted this unit so I don't have any suggestions to date. I'll certainly provide you with some tips once they become available to me, or when I start scouting - please do the same.

KP

thank you to everybody and KP i'll be in touch with you after i go scouting and maybe we can compare notes.good luck.

cacciatore