Sign in to follow this  
Viper

Are NAP Bloodrunner heads any good? - Here are my test results

"The Swhacker would be the only head I would use that is a jack knifing style head as it open inside the cavity and stays on track but IMO the entrance hole is too darn small. Quartering away shot into an elk far shoulder and your blood trail would be zilch." Quote from GBA

Like what every body else has said shot placement is key, but I also think that the BH that will penetrate and open on the quartering shot should be in you arsenal. I truly believe the Swhacker is that head. Case in point: this buck was walking slightly quartering away and the shooter was in a tree stand. Yes the shot wasn't the best but look at the hole!

post-5396-0-76813900-1374823300.jpg

This pic shows my brothers buck. I watched the shot through my 10x50's at 120 yards. The buck stopped as my brother released and he was barley hit in the neck. He ran only 35 yards with a solid blood trail.

post-5396-0-06647700-1374823587.jpg

Now as far a BIG animals are concerned this bull didn't have a chance!

post-5396-0-13636800-1374823663.jpg

Now I can't make anyone try the BH, all I can ask is that you shoot it and see for your self.

Thanks for the pics elkhunter1

The only negative I have ever heard about shwackers was from one gentleman who didn't used the wrong bands and the blades did not open. Can't wait to try mine out on a buck this year!

Great thread and thank you for the review of the NAP heads. I was looking at them at walmart as well for a while.