Sign in to follow this  
Millhouse

Unit 10 Late Rifle Cow

Well....I called my sister up yesterday to see if she was all ready for her hunt coming up (Unit 10 late cow). Figured everything was good to go and then she told me that her husband has to work and they cannot afford for him to take the time off.

She was pretty bummed until I offered to take her out on the weekends. I have never been on the late hunt and can only imagine that it will be a tough hunt. Anyone ever been on this hunt before? Any advice? She hasn't filled a elk tag in about 15 years and it sure would be nice to break the drought.

PM's welcome.

Thanks folks,

-Millhouse

PM Member Name BCD and tell him I told you to PM. He just came back from there ... though he had a disappointing outcome. He might be able to give you a few locations where he saw cows though. His boy was hunting bulls, of which they saw none.

Weather is a big factor right now. Pretty warm.

Hey folks. Just wanted to thank everyone to offered up some info to help out my sister. We hunted pretty hard this last weekend. We did come across some cows, and nearly got a shot but we just couldn't get her set up to where she felt comfortable. We had a great time and managed to see some cows, one nice bull, a bunch of antelope, some deer, fox, coyotoe and a herd of javelina.

Hopefully we will get out next weekend and have get her another chance.