Sign in to follow this  
lionhunter

Wtb tires for Polaris ranger

Like the topic says I need tires for my Polaris ranger. I really only need 26 inch fronts but would purchase all 4 if the price was right. Pm me if you have a set of take-offs or spares

Thanks

Whitey

If you have to buy new, look at rocky mountain atv. You can google it for the website. Awesome customer service, good pricing and quick shipping.

i have a buddy that bought a new polaris ranger 800 in july 2012.... when he did he upgraded to better tires and rims ill let you know whats his price later this afternoon

i have a buddy that bought a new polaris ranger 800 in july 2012.... when he did he upgraded to better tires and rims ill let you know whats his price later this afternoon

If they are tires and rims you will have to switch those tires to your rims.... my dad had the same 2012 tires and wheels he too off his and gave them to me to put on my 2008 The rears swap out fine but the front are 1in wider and they rubbed the tie rod end..... but i noticed his rims were not as off set as mine so i swapped the rims out and it gave me a 1/2in of clearance.....

Dom

Lion hunter I am glad you posted this info. I picked up a set of take offs at the polaris shop in safford. I noticed the same thing goi g on with the rubbing. I went back down a little pissed off and the guy told me it is because my wheel bearings are going out and causing them to rub. He said it happens all the time. I just put my bald 8 inch wheels back on my ranger and I have huge clearance. I even asked him if the rim offset was the issue. Nope has to be the bearings. I was telling him I was pissed because I spent 600 for the take offs and now they are near ruined. Do you know if I can put the 9 inch tires on the 8 inch rims. Or will that not work.

Lion hunter I am glad you posted this info. I picked up a set of take offs at the polaris shop in safford. I noticed the same thing goi g on with the rubbing. I went back down a little pissed off and the guy told me it is because my wheel bearings are going out and causing them to rub. He said it happens all the time. I just put my bald 8 inch wheels back on my ranger and I have huge clearance. I even asked him if the rim offset was the issue. Nope has to be the bearings. I was telling him I was pissed because I spent 600 for the take offs and now they are near ruined. Do you know if I can put the 9 inch tires on the 8 inch rims. Or will that not work.

Same thing can be an issue on trucks. Rims without the proper offset can rub the tie rod end. Sometimes you can grind down the tie rod end enough to clear. Not sure if there is enough bulk on an ATV/UTV tie rod end to be able to do this.