Sign in to follow this  
DEF110

Still No Rut in 34A

The bucks are not even looking at the doe's. I was on a 90" buck today. I seen him at 9:00 for about 2 sec at 600 yards. I got to 300 yards and set up to try to locate him. At 11:00 he came over one ridge and beaded down at 230 yards. As I was thinking if I was going to take him he got up. He only was beaded for 2 to 3 min. I took my eyes off him to get my 270 and set up to take the shot. Poof he is gone, back in the 15's and I can not find him. I think he must have beaded back down out of sight. Sunset and no Gray Ghost. I hope I can get next Friday off to make it a three day hunt. Man this new job sucks!!!!!!

That's typical behavior of a buck on the prowl for does. Bed for a few minutes and then back up.

I'm bow hunting with a friend in 34A almost every other day and were chasing mule deer but I know for the past week or so every buck we have found has been with or pushing does. Haven't seen any whitetail cause were running the flats in 34A but there is some rut going on in the unit.

I'm bow hunting with a friend in 34A almost every other day and were chasing mule deer but I know for the past week or so every buck we have found has been with or pushing does. Haven't seen any whitetail cause were running the flats in 34A but there is some rut going on in the unit.

If I were you i would head to another unit to chase mule deer, 34A isn't open in Dec.
  • Like 1

Yup haha, been a long day, I'm getting my units mixed up cause my buddy and I are chasing mulies in 34B, in the whetstones and out in the flats by the San Pedro river, haha I should pay attention more haha