Sign in to follow this  
SNEEKEE1

Squirrel Hunting Mt Lemmon

Any body on here know where to go? Thinking about going this weekend I just don't want to be hunting in the wrong place. I have called AZGF and left a message for the warden tried the same thing last year and never heard back. You don't have give up your favorite spot just wanna make sure I'm in the right place. Thanks in advance.

I have never hunter the mountain so no help there. I did have similar results with the Tucson office in the past. All I can suggest is being persistent with them.

Ya still never heard anything n last day of the season guess I will just have to keep calling so I know for next year. Thanks for the response.

You could try calling the USFS office in Tucson and see if they have some recommendations. It seems to me mt lemmon is a tough place to hunt due to all the trails and hikers and cabins up there. But I know the USFS biologist Josh Taiz had wanted to reduce the Abert's squirrel population up there in the hopes that it would help the grey squirrel population increase.

A little late now, but I spoke to a warden about 2 years ago and asked him about hunting squirrels on Mt. Lemmon. He said "go ahead" just be aware of other people around and try to get way off the trails. I was fishing Rose Canyon at the time and had been watching about half a dozen Abert's running around. He told me I could hunt around the lake which would probably be good after the campground closes (i.e., very few people). Probably not much help, but I know you can hunt there or at least I was told so by an AZGF Ranger.

I will have to check with USFS thanks Amanda didn't think about that. txspeck I have seen them there to while fishing rose canyon wouldn't be a bad idea to go to the lake when its closed in the winter months. Thanks for the help guys n gals.