Sign in to follow this  
oz31p

20 c archery javelina

There not to interesting of a story behind this javeliana except i watched him fight off 5 coyotes earlyer in the morning

Opening morning i glassed a herd almost imediatly. I could only get to 55y due to open terrain. I missed 2 shots from 55a and one from 70yduring due to my drop away rest became very loud. I when home humbled.

The following saturday again glassed the sameherd rightaway. I got to 44y and while waiting for a broad side shot i was busted by a javelina at 30a that we never saw.

i went home and tested my bow and found my rest to in fact be bad and loud. in a hurry i installed a new rest tuned and re sighted in.

On the13th (my 10y wedding anniversary, my wife is awesome ) my buddy and i glassed the same herd almost imediatly only before we got ready to move in on them a pack for 5a coyotes moved in on them. The herd moved into a cut that we could not see but one big old boar aggressively chased them off. At one point he got a hold of a hind leg and from 500ysa through the 15' i could see fur fly. After the coyotes moved on the boar begame searching for his herd till we lost him. So we began to slowly move to the spot we lost sight if the herd. We go to with in 10y of the exact spot we lost them when about 200ya down the wash we see one javelina working his way in our direction. We were standing over a y where a wash splits in two he came to a point at55y were i had no shot due to brush and limbs. He stoped in his tracks and when i a differant direction around a small knob i was standing on. We lost him for a bout 30one sec because the knob was blocking him but we could hear him still moving from left to right so i swung to my right then he poped out at 27y but all i could see was his back because of brush. I scaned ahead and there was a gap in the brush about 10ya ahead of him so i drew back and put my 30pin on him and followed him to the gap. Once he got into the gap i drilled him. He was broadside when i shot but he turnes away at the last second so my arrow hit at an extreme quarting away shoot. I hit behind his ribs but then thru both lung and the heart it continued thru and hit him on the inside of his lower jaw. He when about 40y before he crashed. I can feels some cool gauge in the jaw bone but i have not had a chance to boil the skull out to see the damage yet.

post-4310-0-38902700-1358390894_thumb.jpg

post-4310-0-33842800-1358390938_thumb.jpg

post-4310-0-27407600-1358390968_thumb.jpg

Cool story! Bet that was cool seeing that boar open a can on the coyotes! Congrats on your pig! I really like that unit but I have not seen a lot of pigs where I've hunted deer in the past.

It was pretty cool to watch. The coyotes were almost toying with him cause they are so much faster than him. Till he got one.

Nice Pig. Way to stick with it. Thanks for the write up. Wish I could have seen that Boar getting it done on the coyotes.

Heres a picture of the damage to the inside of the lower jaw. It s i a tricky spot to take a picture of.post-4310-0-64510700-1358739620_thumb.jpg