Sign in to follow this  
bowfishAZ

BOWFISHING IN THE COLD

I didnt think the front would have had any affect on shooting.. That tournament of Doms we shot alot of fish when we were getting snowed on!! I think its the couple days after the front has come through and the pressure systems are changing is when it pushes the fish deep.

I disagree with the fish "coming to the lights" Its not like they are bait fish.. We usually do better shooting during the day than at night. If anything, the lights and boat will make the carp nervous and they'll slowly start swimming away and going deeper, thats when you kick the 80lb minn kota to 100 percent and chase them down!!. Big sow buffalo are a different story, they aren't afraid of anything!! Nothing beats shooting open water and having huge barrles swimming right to you!!!

I disagree with the fish "coming to the lights" Its not like they are bait fish.. We usually do better shooting during the day than at night. If anything, the lights and boat will make the carp nervous and they'll slowly start swimming away and going deeper, thats when you kick the 80lb minn kota to 100 percent and chase them down!!. Big sow buffalo are a different story, they aren't afraid of anything!! Nothing beats shooting open water and having huge barrles swimming right to you!!!

I agree 100%

IDK I think the fish are wayyyyyyy less skittish at night you can drive right over em and go back and shoot em....... but you are spot on about the big buffs until they have had a few days of pressure....

Fish Are ALWAYS NERVOUS when they know I'm on the lake, day or night don't make a difference! :)...... Lol your right Dom they'll give you multiple chances at night!!

Hey D, Not only are the fish nervous but the OTHER teams are as well!!!!!! Especially that buffhunter guy!!!!!

Leaving Thursday night for sahuaro night shoot. Friday pre fish at pleasant. Saturday/Sunday tournament. Can't wait for a 4 day fish slaying, beer drinkin, and hanging with good friends trip!!!

Looken forward to the weekend man, I really hope this week flys by!! Goof luck thur/ fri, we will see ya fri evening!