Sign in to follow this  
D.F.M.

search old topics

Under your name in the upper right corner is a little icon with a magnifine glass...click on it and enter the keywords you are searching for. You have to remember at least something that was in the old topic you are looking for. You can narrow the search by author or date or whatever using the advanced search. You get to the advanced search settings by clicking on the cog wheel looking icon just to the right of the regular search box.

Any way to change it to allow search terms with 3 or fewer characters? I've found it hard to search for units or even using the word elk in a search thread.

Any way to change it to allow search terms with 3 or fewer characters? I've found it hard to search for units or even using the word elk in a search thread.

No, I don't think there is. It is some kind of limitation to the software. Best bet is to think of a word with four or more letters like "bull" instead of elk since most elk stories will have the word bull in them also. That's harder to do for unit. But most of the time when a person writes about the unit they hunted in they will say "unit 24a" or "unit 36b" and so you can use those search words together instead of just the unit number. Use quotes to get it to include all parts of the phrase.