Sign in to follow this  
My Rights As An American

Lake Powell

First time fishing Powell. Working up here in Page for a week, so in the evenings after work I have now run over and fished it twice for about 1-1.5 hours each. Two nights ago I caught a nice 3.5-4 pound walleye on a crayfish bait from shore. Last night I caught 2 stripers from shore on anchovies. What a blast!!!! I was told by everyone not to even waste my time shore fishing, glad I am stubborn sometimes!!!

Going out again tonight, but this time to maybe harvest and take home a few stripers!!!!

Hope all is well with everyone! Roosevelt soon for me.

Stripere are a blast.... Had one take a pumpkin worm literally a for from the boat as i was pulling it out of the water when i was about 6 or 7

Things sure are heating up quickly up here! Tonight was my last night of fishing Powell, have to come home tomorrow. Got in about 2.5 hours of fishing from shore, about 1/2 mile north of the dam on the east side. Tossing anchovies cut in half on a weighted hook and catching fish suspended about 30-50 feet deep. Landed four stripers tonight, which I gutted and cut heads off since the Walmart special filet knife STUNK!!!!! Dull!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway, could have caught more if I had a little more time. What a blast though. Looking forward to grilling up some striper!

Firstcoues, I agree, they put up a nice little fight! I was using 12 pound test and I had the drag set pretty tight, so I loosened it to have a little fun. The smallest fish gave the best fight, the larger fish were ok. Coworker and boss spent the last three nights in the hotel room while I had a blast!!! Their loss!!!!!!!!!