Sign in to follow this  
Mthomas

3rd choice

Congrats! now go buy a lottery ticket. I was hoping to get my 6th choice.. Haha. someday the sun, moon and stars will align for me!

2012 , I was completey blown away , I never hunted unit 9 and no clue how great the unit was to have a tag. I had 0 bonus points between 3 hunters on the application and entered 9 as my 3rd choice, we got drawn for the last 3 tags left for permits. HAVE NO IDEA HOW THAT HAPPEN

I'm feeling really lucky right now. My kids have been putting in for 6 years with out a junior tag.

Pretty sure all of the junior cow tags are guaranteed draws with four points as long as you list them as a first or second choice. I know that's true for 6a, 3c, and 1. The only exception might be 22 or 23, but I'm fairly certain hey are guaranteed too.

I'm feeling really lucky right now. My kids have been putting in for 6 years with out a junior tag.

Pretty sure all of the junior cow tags are guaranteed draws with four points as long as you list them as a first or second choice. I know that's true for 6a, 3c, and 1. The only exception might be 22 or 23, but I'm fairly certain hey are guaranteed too.

You are correct.

Well I just checked the bonus points for my kids. My 15 year old has 5 points. 4 bonus points plus hunter safety. Next year will also have loyalty point. My 13 year old has 2 plus hunter safety. The application this year went 1st choice unit 1, 2nd choice was 6a, and I went 3a 3c third choice. And still no cc hit for them as of this afternoon. The junior hunt in unit 1 had 1202 first and second choice apps for 150 tags. Unit 6 was 2532 apps for 500 tags. 3a 3c was 1491 apps for 200 tags. Not sure with those #'s how 4 points will get it done for you.

I'm not to sure about this whole guaranteed a tag thing everyone talks about. Everyone tries to figure these odds and guys with 20 BP don't draw a tag yet some guy get's drawn for back to back early rifle bull tags and antelope tags. A good example is what seek100plus said. His third choice was unit 9 and he drew it? You are telling me all the unit 9 tags wouldn't have been drawn in the bonus pass, and 1st and 2nd choice pass? Then guys that have 20 BP that don't get drawn for their "guaranteed" hunts. I think BP's help but don't guaranteed anything for anyone judging off of past draw results and posts from a lot of people on here.

I'm not to sure about this whole guaranteed a tag thing everyone talks about. Everyone tries to figure these odds and guys with 20 BP don't draw a tag yet some guy get's drawn for back to back early rifle bull tags and antelope tags. A good example is what seek100plus said. His third choice was unit 9 and he drew it? You are telling me all the unit 9 tags wouldn't have been drawn in the bonus pass, and 1st and 2nd choice pass? Then guys that have 20 BP that don't get drawn for their "guaranteed" hunts. I think BP's help but don't guaranteed anything for anyone judging off of past draw results and posts from a lot of people on here.

Bond - Learn to do math and read draw reports, it will serve you well throughout your hunting career.