Sign in to follow this  
Stickbait

How do you all do this each year?

Very new to hunting, in fact started with quail January 1st... Picked up a left over javelina tag February and that has been my extent of hunting

Well, me and a buddy thought we'd start getting bonus points for elk (he goes to Montana every year for elk) and put in our choices for black powder...

We got a CC, hit!

Now, how in the heck do you guys deal with it every year? The anticipation has been eating me up for two weeks.... I think I got the bug

Lol, I really don't know how I do this year after year... I've been drawn once in 10 years for elk so you'd think I'd be used to seeing "not drawn" when I put my info in, but I'm not. It crushes me every year. But that won't stop me from putting in next year, or the year after that, or the year after that, or the year after that...

Dang, I was really hoping to be drawn so I could use that as an excuse for a new bow, lol. Oh well, as the saying for elk hunters in Az goes "there's always next year..."

• Like 1

Looks like there are 5 left over archery bull tags

WTF!?!??? where?

Man, I feel super fortunate for drawing a tag at all on my first go around. Not sure how 3B stacks up to the other units but very anxious to learn the area...

Any elk tag is a good tag. You've got a golden ticket in your pocket, make the most of it. It's never too early to start scouting and every day until opening day is a training day, lol. Congrats and good luck.

Hmmmm..... I put in for 4b archery bull elk, third choice, but why didn't I pull one if there are 3 left overs?

*4a

Hmmmm..... I put in for 4b archery bull elk, third choice, but why didn't I pull one if there are 3 left overs?

They were tags only for the Hopi Indian tribe. Now that they are left over they are available to anyone. They were not regular draw tags

Brian