I finished my best cam yet this weekend. I used a p32 cam, and put a slave flash with it. The flash works to about 75 to 80 feet. It is my dads cam, and I dont have photos yet, but I will try to get some posted. He will be setting it up soon. ;)

GMM

75 feet is incredible. ;) I assume the camera is digital? Make sure you tie it down good, and post some of them pics soon!

Share the set-up information if you don't mind, as I have yet to do a digital cam and would love to do one.

Edited by az4life

Standman,

That's not a good thing to hear. I can relate to having things stolen, and say more about the low-rent scum(s), but I'm not prone to cussing out loud. Did you hit the button on the built-in detonation device yet?

Doug/RedRabbit

No, but he didn't see my 2nd camera and it got a picture of him carrying it off. I will recognize him when hunting season rolls around. It is a nice big water hole in the pines and some hunter laid some salt about 20 feet from the water. I'm thinking he is the one that thinks it is "his spot" and will be back in august. I just hope I can act rationally when I see him and not shoot a blunt into his rear end.

I think a blunt in the dumba&& is appropriate in this case.

Go get um! ;)

Guest Ernesto C

Holly Cow!!! TREESTANDMAN are you talking of the same guy that was using your salt a few monts ago??? Because if it is the same.....he works for the...oh my God. It is the same guy? Please reply.

Please Lord let me be wrong.

Thanks and God bless.

Ernesto C.

NO, this is NOT the same guy that was at my salt a few months ago. This is a completely separate location. The guy that I know that was at my salt a few months ago is an honest guy.

Guest Ernesto C

Good is good to know now lets try to get this other guy. I think is an excellent idea to have two cameras facing each other,not only you can get two angles of game but to identify thiefs also.

That makes me think,next time when out in the woods I better make sure there is no cameras arround me when nature calls :lol:

God bless you all.

Ernesto C.

Thats a good point ernesto. On Jesseshuntingpage.com they have some trail cam pictures supposedly catching hunters relieving themselves. It was in the section of "funniest pictures" or something like that. So yes, when nature calls it would be wise to check your surroundings for cameras and binoculars. I guess this has kind of gotten off the subject. My fault.

I hunt unit 32 quite often on the San Pedro side of the galiuros. During the rifle seasons you see most all of the hunters hunting the high country. My friend and I have bowhunted the flats and rolling hills composed of cholla and saguaros and seen some very nice coues bucks along w/ mulies. This is in December and man were we wishing we had rifle tags. I have yet to successfully spot and stalk and actually harvest a coues buck that way. I have sure had a lot of fun trying though and have gotten pretty close to succeeding.

az4life,

On this camera I used a sony p32, a pixcontroller board (rss), jons slave flash, and a vivitar 2000 flash (the d500 board, it has the biggest capacitor) It is in a pelican 1150 box. Test photos at my dads house the flash would reach about 80 feet. It was a little dim out that far, but I could still see the dogs pretty good. The only problem with the big flash is if the animal is less than 10 feet from the cam, the flash washes the photo out.

Total finished price was a lot less than a camtrakker ($750), but I used all new parts, so it was kind of expensive, but it takes really good pictures.

Hope this helps

GMM

hey guys what is the best way to set up the sony p32? I'm sure you dont' just buy the camera and strap it to the tree and it take the pics you need. How do you hook the thing up to take picture on motion? Are any of the ones you can buy already assembled any good and if so which one is best. Thanks

You need to get a box, motion sensor, glass, glue, and batteries. You will need to take the p32 apart and solder some wires to it(3 of them, a refresh, a shudder and a ground) to make it work. Then you need to put it in a waterproof box, along with controller, cont batts, switches for on and off. Cut holes for pir, lens, and flash, and glue in glass. For my lense, I use UV filters, they make the pictures real nice.

For my camo I use foam , like seat padding, and glue it to my box so it looks like tree bark, then I paint it like a tree. I really like the 3D affect it gives it.

Storebought ones are pricy. The best one out there is the camtrakker($750 for the same camera I built, for less than half the price) Most of the other brands are cheaper, but they arent as good as the homemade ones, which actually cost less.

I reccommend building them to eveyone. After the first one you are hooked, and a pro. I can build one in about 4 hours now, Including camo and test runs.

Hope this helps

GMM

where can i get all the stuff to make it? do i need to buy one of those controllers from pixcontroller.com? what kind of sensor like for a house motion light? Is there some where where I can get instructions? Thank so much