Sign in to follow this  
More D

Shore fishing in Rocky Point for the first time....need help!

I generally fly fish down there and I would look for the bait balls on the surface and cast just past them and strip my line in very fast and always hooked up with small pompano or sea trout and some times even the ocassional trigger fish or Pargo. the same would work with regular tackle with shadraps Zara Spooks and big silver or gold castmasters. Good luck and have fun!

+1 on the squid for bait(buy at the fish market)... at the mouth of the bay by the lighthouse right at daylight, a fast retrieve may result in some seatrout... Look for any change in the bottom, rocks, lack of rocks, etc, most fish will run into the rocks to break you off, so lean back and pull them away... pay attention and have another rod ready if a monster seabass shows up chasing your smaller catches... if your doing catch and release, call over some of the local kids, they are always around, and ask if they would like to keep them, that gives you a +1 on the karma dealy...

are you talking aboutpelican point in chollabay?

try using rapalas or yo zuries they work great for anything if your looking for grouper head 270 west use a big pole and reel with heavey line and leader get a big hook and hook a rockbass or sand runner in the back or nose and sendem to the bottom reel him up about 6 ft from the bottom make sure to set your drag